Old 01-10-2011, 02:20 AM
2nd Gear member

You will need a gauge to set that one.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:33 AM
In the Staging Lanes

what kinda gauge???

Old 01-10-2011, 02:57 AM
2nd Gear member

pressure gauge. That regulator is adjustable but has no gauge, just buy a tee fitting and a fuel press gauge so you can set it.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

syco, that pressure regulator you're looking at isn't a return style, but it does have two outlets. As I suggested in a post on the previous page (and gave you a link), you can put a pressure gauge on the second outlet. Here it is again: http://www.summitracing.com/search/?...%20gauge&dds=1

Old 01-12-2011, 10:36 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ok so this is an update... i swapped out the regulator with a similar one for temporary use--need my car back for classes starting wednesday.... car runs longer--almost a full minute lol... but then chokes out again... i also took out the mech fuel pump pushrod so that the mech fuel pump is disabled and the elec is the only 1 feeding to the carb--but is flowing through the mechanical pump since i am not sure exactly how to do that without spending money i dont have right now... another problem i noticed is that after replacing both gaskets at the mech fuel pump there is now a bad oil leak... wondering if that has anything to do with engine dying? ideas????

Old 01-13-2011, 12:42 AM
2nd Gear member

The oil leal is because you did something wrong when you put the gaskets back on the mechanical fuel pump, does not affect how car runs but does need to be fixxed.
You need to get a fuel pressure gauge on there so you know how much pressure is going to carb. Could still be too much and carb is flooding engine. You would have been better off to just pull fuse for electric pump and run mechanical one.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:41 AM
In the Staging Lanes

ok i have figured out that the problem is not with the fuel delivery because it has no problem getting fuel to the carb... i believe something is wrong with the carb because the carb filter fills with gas with no problem... was able to drive it a bit and when it dies it starts back up easily.... when i let it idle and when it starts to die i close the choke and the rpms kick up a little but then still dies out.... idk this is starting to drive me insane

Old 01-15-2011, 01:27 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

how do you know its getting fuel to the carb when it dies. did you put a fuel pressure gauge on it while it is running untill it dies. if your getting spark and it wont run its a fuel delivery problem. either inside the carb or out.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:21 AM
In the Staging Lanes

no i am going to get a fuel pressure gauge asap though...
but just for fore-knowledge--lets say it is giving the right pressure from the gauge but the carb just isnt taking enough... what would be the next step...
and lets say it isnt giving the right pressure to the carb... then what should i check...

Old 01-16-2011, 03:52 AM
2nd Gear member

When did this problem start?? Did it just start doing this or did it happen AFTER you did some work on the engine???

Quick Reply: Ugh still isnt acting right