tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 09:12 AM
2nd Gear member
Default tires

im gonna buy new tires soon. im gettin 225/60/R15 i believe thats the stock tire size for my car. anyways can anyone tell me what the best kinda tire for my car is? i want something with really good grip for turining, and something with a fast rating. also good for burnouts.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:29 AM
August 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: tires

BFG T/A's, awesome tires.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Overdrive Member

I love the Kuhmo ecsta (sp) High performance summer tire. Worked great in the winter as well (here in California, rain but no snow). But if you go to tirerack.com you can read customer reviews on tires and see what cars they drive an the miles they have on the tires and stuff.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:15 PM
March 2008 ROTM

i got a set of GF Comp Sport G's. They got the special "S" hook ( whatever thats for..) But those are some sweet tires if you can install yourself. i got them of Jegs for 78 a pop. 225 series. on a 15" wheel. Awesome grip in the wet weather, as long as you use your brain youll be alright. Dont go flyin all over the place. NO TIRE will help you if your doing that.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Overdrive Member

I also had Goodyear RS-A and they were ok. I changed to a Dunlop. I forget what dunlop, just don't go with dunlop. By far the worst tire I ever put on my Camaro.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:02 PM
August 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I know on my brother's 83 firebird he had some cheapy performance tires on it, after he did burn outs there would be piles of rubber on the road. After he wrecked that and put the motor in a 84 camaro that had BFG T/A's on it, he would do burn outs and the tires had nothing to show from it. Great tires...

Old 12-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

ORIGINAL: Jr. Mechanic

I know on my brother's 83 firebird he had some cheapy performance tires on it, after he did burn outs there would be piles of rubber on the road. After he wrecked that and put the motor in a 84 camaro that had BFG T/A's on it, he would do burn outs and the tires had nothing to show from it. Great tires...
Actually Jr., your brother had better performance tires if he left more rubber behindafter doing a burnout. Perf. tires are made with a softer rubber compound, which is whatgives you better grip at take-off and in theturns, but they do wear down faster. Harder compound street tires have a longer wear life, but they don't grip as well. Tires are a compromise, you have to decide what's more important, or meet somewhere in the middle.
Rockin85, if you plan on doing a lot of burnouts with performance tires,be prepared to buy new tires often, and save some extra money so you canfix whatever else you break on the car too.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:45 AM
August 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: Camaro 69

ORIGINAL: Jr. Mechanic

Actually Jr., your brother had better performance tires if he left more rubber behindafter doing a burnout. Perf. tires are made with a softer rubber compound, which is whatgives you better grip at take-off and in theturns, but they do wear down faster. Harder compound street tires have a longer wear life, but they don't grip as well. Tires are a compromise, you have to decide what's more important, or meet somewhere in the middle.
Rockin85, if you plan on doing a lot of burnouts with performance tires,be prepared to buy new tires often, and save some extra money so you canfix whatever else you break on the car too.
I know, I realize that, but he said he wanted something good for grip, speed, and burnouts, the BFG's are a nice compromise.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:22 PM
2nd Gear member

look at my sig. i have bfg t/a tires. they really suck, my rear end slides on turns going 30.[:@]

Old 12-23-2007, 10:44 PM
August 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Opens mouth, inserts foot.

Quick Reply: tires