So the wife bought me a new intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 08:24 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default So the wife bought me a new intake manifold

So we went to PoopBoys today for some last minute parts on my engine swap, and my wife peels off into the performance parts aisle. I question her and she just says "nevermind, go get your gaskets..."

10 minutes later, sitting in my front seat is a brand new Elelbrock intake manifold. This is that same woman who cant change a light bulb without assistance, but she picked out the intake without any help. She told me she just looked for the one marked "small block chevy". (She got lucky with the non EGR), but holy crap, how cool is that!

Sometimes its good to be me.......

Old 06-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: So the wife bought me a new intake manifold

She must not have to hear your gripes like us. There would be no way in hell I would buy you an intake.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:10 PM
3rd Gear Member

Mike, dont you have a 'grumpy old guys forum'you should be on? [:-] You arejust jealous that you dont have a super cool wife like I do.

So the new 350 is in, but due to an onslaught of downpours I was stopped short of installing the plug wires. The entire front end is covered in a blue tarp right now. Man, if I just took off the wheels and left her on cement blocks Id have that redneck lawn ornament thing perfect!

Old 06-03-2007, 04:14 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

the only thing i get from a girl car related is a dirty back seat

Old 06-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Overdrive Member

I don't have a wife! []Thanks man that hurt.

And Microkid
Tell her it aint a place to dump her Tampons!

Old 06-04-2007, 08:19 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

ewww, thats not what i meant

Old 06-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Overdrive Member

Oh Ok
But I can tell you I have seen some pretty funky cars before. Bloody kleenex from where the person gets a lot of nose bleeds but is to F0rkin lazy to throw them in the trash. Oh the worst were the Dead Heads. My brother has had to work on thier cars while they are passed out in them. And they would STINK! (both people and cars)

Old 06-04-2007, 09:55 PM
March 2008 ROTM

ive got one better, at least nastier...

I work at a car wash as many of you know. A year or two ago a lady brought her SUV through. It was August. The lady forgot about her dog in the car and left the windows up. several hours later she came back to the car. The dog had tried very hard to get out. the dog vomitted everywhere, peed, pooped, and there was snot everywhere. Hair, everything, soo gross, not to mention the smell. The manager refused to do the car, it was simply to nasty. But this was AFTER me and my partner started to clean it. Turns out the woman took the dog out just a few hours before she brought the car through. the worst car ever to come through there.

sorry to jack the thread like that, but the story fits well

Old 06-04-2007, 10:03 PM
3rd Gear Member

Got one better than that!

I was a installer at a local Sears. A guy brings in this ratty little station wagon and tells us to mount the tires (beat up) on the rims he supplied (also beat up). Says he just got the car running and everything was just thown in the back. So, I open the hatchback and the smell of dog crap just overwhelms me. It seems that for several years the car sat in his backyard where his dog LIVED IN THE CAR! The entire car was covered in inches of dog hair and excrement. I just dont understand how people do it!

Old 06-05-2007, 03:03 AM
Overdrive Member

Those are foul! [:'(]I aint got the stomach for dog crap and such and I almost puked twice now. Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: So the wife bought me a new intake manifold