Side exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 06:42 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Side exhausts

I'm going to be replaceing the exhaust system on my camaro and i was thinking ofhaveing them comeing out in front of the rear wheels, thought i'd ask for your opinion on this or should i have two pipes exiting out of the back.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Side exhausts

There's a guy at work whohas a station wagon with a 383 in it...yes...he's weird....it's midnight blue with a muncie 4 speed and stuff...anyways...he has exhaust that dumps behind the front tires. I rode in it with him and I thought I was going to die from exhaust inhiliation...I'd exit out the back or at least dump it by the rear end....

Old 01-30-2007, 09:53 PM
2nd Gear member

As long as you have it come out right before the rear tires I personally think it would look bad ***!!!

I really like it. the only reason I got mine straight out the back is because I like the orig. look on my Camaro. [8D]I'd go for it man. it's your ride. take pride in it!

Old 01-30-2007, 10:09 PM
In the Staging Lanes

AHHH!! You took my idea! What kind of tips are you thinking about using?

Old 01-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Overdrive Member

I think that would look really good. Maybe with some of the wide flat tips. But dont froget. Depending on what size pipe you go with its going to hang down and decrease your ground clearance. Could end up scraping them in a drive way. I had them on the side on my Fiat and hit a bump in the road and lost one!
You also got to cosider melting the plastic if you have the rocker extensions. Maybe a small heat shield under them.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:50 AM
In the Staging Lanes

There is a firebird at the collision shop uptown that has the exhaust coming out right in front of the rear wheels. Other than it having a ****y body, it looked pretty sick. I say go for it, but like the other guy said, watch out for scraping them. This was a firebird, no trim. Just be careful.

Old 01-31-2007, 02:54 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Well thats sorted guys,looks like i'll be going for side exit in front of the back wheels, thanks

Old 01-31-2007, 02:58 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Hey just one more thing, i've got the chance of a set of Z28 16" wheels with new tyres on fo £50, of offa 91 car, would these look ok on my 84,

Old 01-31-2007, 04:58 PM
1st Gear Member

I have a 91 rs with 305 tbi and Im prepping it for a 350/ turbo 350 trans swap. Im going to drop in the 350 then from the headers im gonna bring it to the sides then im doing red hots (cherry bombs) then back alittle more then dumps in front of the back tires. Loud is fun. Btw just for a note, if u have a 305 tbi and want more power, cut off ur exhaust before it goes into the sigle pipe. That way the two never connect. I got like 30 horses and 20 ft lbs torque. Like for real no ****. I was impressed.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ahead of you there mate, already got a 350 in and running a three speed box, both out of a corvet. the cars in the shop at the moment being refurbed, the exhaust at the moment consists of headers and a single silencer with one exit

Quick Reply: Side exhausts