Shopping Time...need help.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:02 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Shopping Time...need help.

I finally got my car sold last night for a little less than I wanted. I am going to have a working budget of around 7400 dollars. I am focusing on 1989-90 but will look at some 91 and 92s as well.

Can someone help me with some of the cost basics that has been through this before. I can handle mechanical and body but never have worked on interiors.

How much does it cost to freshen up an interior cloth/leather
and new carpet.

How much does it cost to get an instrument panel in working order? I am looking at one car that the tach and speedo both do not work on. Will that pass an inspection?

I would prefer a 350 TPI, but there are a plethora of 305 TBIs out there? I would love recommendations given my budget for the moment. I will spend more on the car down the road. that is just all I have to make it dependable and look decent. Thanks for the help. I am in Mansfield, TX just south of Dallas.

Jimmy

Old 01-30-2015, 12:12 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimmyCriswell
I finally got my car sold last night for a little less than I wanted. I am going to have a working budget of around 7400 dollars. I am focusing on 1989-90 but will look at some 91 and 92s as well.

Can someone help me with some of the cost basics that has been through this before. I can handle mechanical and body but never have worked on interiors.

How much does it cost to freshen up an interior cloth/leather
and new carpet.

How much does it cost to get an instrument panel in working order? I am looking at one car that the tach and speedo both do not work on. Will that pass an inspection?

I would prefer a 350 TPI, but there are a plethora of 305 TBIs out there? I would love recommendations given my budget for the moment. I will spend more on the car down the road. that is just all I have to make it dependable and look decent. Thanks for the help. I am in Mansfield, TX just south of Dallas.

Jimmy

congratulations on the sale of your vehicle. I understand your enthusiasm however many of us replied and even sent PM's

this thread you created covers most

https://camaroforums.com/forum/82-92...ice-bad-78085/

good luck and let us know what you get

Old 02-01-2015, 09:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes

torque is good...you are right. My excitement is getting the best of me. i will be looking at this car this next weekend. He is wiling to come down to 3700 but I am going to push 3500. Car is all original and everything works except for speedo and tach. I will have to figure that stuff out

1992 Chevy Camaro RS

I will be driving this car for a while and protecting the damage paint issues in the short term until I re-paint it. I will not be doing anything to the car until I drive it for a few weeks if not months. Long term goals are 350 TPI. My question is where do I find TPI setups for that could be used on the 305 until I piece together my 350. I will have enough room in my budget to get the drivetrain in order. Upgraded 7004R and 350 TPI. Where do I find this as I know I will have to mess with the ecm. I want to do much research before getting into this as I will do all the work myself with the help of my uncle. We are not strangers to smallblocks. Just transmissions, although I am contemplating learning how to build that myself as well.

Any thoughts.