For sale 82 camaro clean . Amazing condition.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:40 PM
Default For sale 82 camaro clean . Amazing condition.

I have a Camaro 82 new 305 ,202 valves camel hump heads rv can 700r4 tranny interior clean new tires paint job. need title last person to have it lost it and can't find them. willing to put mechanic lean to get new title

Old 06-22-2017, 07:35 AM
In the Staging Lanes

HAHAHAHAHAHA 202 valves in a 305 Hows your valve clearance on the block buddy?

Old 06-22-2017, 07:42 AM

Don't be a **** it's what I was told. Buuuuut if ya wanna be an *** it's pretty tight ask your wife hahahahahahahahaha

Old 06-24-2017, 07:27 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Without the title its worth parts, 305 are disposable engines. Even the "HO 305" from the early 80's get pulled and are sent to the scraper so a real engine can be put in. Tires and trans are the most valuable things on the car now. The newly painted body has no value without title to most people. You going to need that title to get anywhere near what it is worth. Without rust ($2500-4000)

Have you been through the mechanic's lean process? You have to submit the bill with the request for title. The current title owner has the option of paying that bill and getting the car back. If you submit a made up bill that is theft by deception. The process will take close to a year. Storage lean may be a lot easier.

I would guess your best bet would be to sell the engine it trans to someone that just wants to get their car running and the body to a race team? But all told you will be lucky to get 1/2 what the titled car would sell for.

This information is based on PA law and a friend who owns a towing company. I can remember waiting a year to pull a 454 out of an abandon truck. 6 weeks for the tow/storage charges to add up and the rest was waiting for the State.

Last edited by Gorn; 06-24-2017 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:59 AM

Thank-you that was very informative. I have found another 82 that the guy wants 600$ for with title it's just gutted so I think I will go that route just buy it and swap everything over. Thank-you again

Old 06-24-2017, 08:20 AM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Keep in mind that an early 305 is not a strong motors. Getting it to the HP rating of a modern 4 cylinder is risky and it will never be as powerful as a modern V6. The 305 was designed to be as light as possible replacement for the "other" small blocks.

I have been in the car/chevy world since that engine was new and every person I know that tried to make a 305 fast ended up with a trip to the scrap yard. I include myself in that group. If the car has worked heads and a RV cam is has more then enough power to break itself.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:17 AM
4th Gear Member

thats in PA i guess ,i know alot of people never heard of this one, depends on where you live what state hear 99 on back on you lose the title you use the registration an bill of sale is the title ,2000 an newer need one an the state will issue one ,i know couse my 99 does not have one ,it can make it a bit harder to sell,but alot of states allow for to apply for a new title wich can a be pain people dont want to wait 4 weeks to get one ,,if you have no registation the police come do a vin check .the blue form gets filled out then one can register any car 2000 an up get a title an 99 on back regy only,that is all of NH maine vermont an the states of newyork an mass ,a buyer can apply for a new title ,only your local town hall or DMV knows ,it kinda suks,but can be a good thing too ,i keep all mine titles ,only one is the 99 camaro i bought that way ,its also a way to get a car cheaper sometimes ,but no need to part cars out hear got so many classic cars cars hear too so if its a 20k classic people dont mind doing the work it takes to get a title it saves alot of classic cars form being destroyed, an those who know the loup holes buy cars hear for alot cheaper ,most times the sale is to one of those states or within mass or newyork, so depends on where you live so these states are used to buy an sell alot of cars then get re titled in another state then can be sold in any state,the old saying that one state to another can be like moveing to another country is true ,in PA thats just the way it is,though i had one guy said you can apply there to but its pain on junker cars an can be costly,another thing people dont know is nearly half the 52 states have little to no inspections ,meens those states have alot of unsafe cars driveing around

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 06-24-2017 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:52 PM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

So in NH I can sell a car I still own money on and someone else can just get a title for it?

If the current title is in your name getting a replacement title is easy but that is not what he is talking about. At least I hope not, every state has a simple title replacement system. If they did not every time a house burn down the cars would be scraped. The fact he said Mechanic lean I assume that means the current titled owner is unknown or want his car back. If the car is not in your name you are a saying that the state of NH does not contact the current title owner to find out if it is ok to change ownership of the car? Why have a title? The reason the DMV takes so long in PA is because they must try to contact the listed owner for 6 months. This seem like a complete waste of time on a $500 car, but this also would be for $250,000 car that parked in the wrong spot and the owner was currently over seas. Pissing off rich people is bad politically.

Last edited by Gorn; 06-24-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:26 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Dubs0224
Don't be a **** it's what I was told. Buuuuut if ya wanna be an *** it's pretty tight ask your wife hahahahahahahahaha
another keyboard warior

Old 06-25-2017, 12:09 PM
4th Gear Member

NO HHHEEHEHE its pretty simple not all states do things the same way ,do you just think i am not telling the truth or what, or i just dont know what i am talking about , leave it up to you to come up with that one if you want trouble you could i guess ,dont think i said any anything out someone oweing money on a $600,00 car but i guess its possible ,if that was ever the case it would be on the person that sold the car an a registration would not be given for 1999 on back that would be so rare 2000 an newer they get or apply for a lost title before they can sell it ,not the person that bought it ,,they would be in huge trouble the person that sold it,would like get charged grand theft over $250.00,was never a problem for me ,an the blue form would show if you read the whole post
a lien on the car or if it was stolen,i had a guy from PA wanted to buy my 99 said he could but that it was a pain.mabey you better check again,an mabey it is something only dealers can do i dont know ,but alot of states do it every day ,people lose titles every day ,so its a way to save cars from being scrapped ,hear in this state 2000 an newer if you lose you title you apply for a new one before you can sell it, 99 on back the blue form is filled out by local police. registration only is my title on 99 on back,your telling me you cant apply for a lost title on 2000 or newer cars.????????my guess is you can get one on any car within your state ,only difference hear is 99 on back does not get one,but certain states will issue one a title with a vin check for liens or theft , oh guess the laws are different like i said in the other post, how moveing from one state to another can be like moveing to another country right now its on 99 an older cars regy only is the title with bill of sale only, if you bought the car from a dealer like a classic it would show lien in the system,the same as some titled cars,but my whole point was how things vary from state to state ,an he should check with his city hall or DMV about titles,another thing would be that i could buy a car from another state without a title ,an probley for alot cheaper again only 1999 on back though ,2000 an newer we can apply for a lost title,so it has its ups an downs,but from what i see more ups then down ,couse alot of people just dont know ,an many times one can buy a car for pennies on the dollar ,couse guys think there cars lost so much value without the title ,dealers love it an buy them up ,

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 06-25-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For sale 82 camaro clean . Amazing condition.