Put Allison off the edge of an embankment Friday night :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 10:28 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Put Allison off the edge of an embankment Friday night :(

I was on my way home from work, the road was perfectly straight, kinda hilly, so you could only see 1/8 mile sections between crests. I pulled out of the parking lot, got up to 70mph- speed limit was 55-, and started cruising. At this moment, it occured to me that I should turn on my high beams-Too late, out in front of me stands a Fourteen point buck. ****. Not Good. I had a choice between oncomming traffic, the deer, and the grassy shoulder. I picked shoulder. I slammed on the brakes, barely missed the deer, and slid onto the grass. Unluckily for me, the grass is wet. Also not good. I slide along the shoulder, until it drops out from underneeth me. (At this point the ditch becomes a 12 foot deep, oak tree filled, creek bed.) I fly off the edge and land on a **** load of sapplings and bushes, just barely pushing my front passenger corner onto a decently sized pine tree. Ok. Personal Assesment. Not Hurt. Exit Vehicle. (Make mental note to thank seatbelt)

I step out and look down at my baby girl, (not actual baby, refering to car.) Not good, I can't see the passenger corner under all the brush, but the hood doesn't look bent. I walk back up to the road level. Damn. I couldn't have found a better place to land, there are massive, two feet wide trees five feet in either direction of my car. But she is WAY deep in.

Time to call mom. She freaks out, but is on her way. How the hell am I gonna pay for a wrecker to pull me out? I called my Uncle Al, because he helped me rebuild the motor, and should know what to do. He tells me he's on his way with a truck, and to stay put, and not attract police attention. (Cops=Police report=Insuranse company will know=Rates go through the roof) Twenty minutes later my mom is there, along with my friend and his dad, who drove past and saw me, when my uncle pulls up in this MASSIVE GMC TOP KICK rollback. He says "It's my bosses, I drive it part time, could you've picked a deeper hole?" He asses' the situation, and decides he can get me out by dragging it out by the rear axle, OK. I get back in and cut the front wheels so that they're pointing back at the road, he lowers the flat bed, hooks me up, and starts to pull. He drags me off the brush, rear end is now on solid ground, and tells me to hold the brakes while he repositions the truck. Ok. We line up for another pull, and he pulls her up onto the bed.

At this point, he chains up the front end, and starts to pull her further onto the bed, to pick up the slack in the front chains and chain up the back, (Take note that I am still in the car.) SNAP! Car slowly starts rolling off flat bed. ****!!! BRAKES!!. I save her A foot front the edge of the truck, and (between the hight from the truck, and the ditch im still facing) 12 feet from earth. Good Catch. , anyway, he chains her up, and off we go, (Im not in the car anyomre, because apparently thats illegal ), we get home, he puts her down in the driveway, and we take a look at the damage.

Passenger corner of the bumper has been destroyed, passenger fender is kinda bent, but can be fixed, and she's gonna need an alignment. Thats it!! Miraculously, the bushes not only caught me, but protected me from the trees, we reconnect the battery, and she fires right back up!!! I am officially the luckiest guy on the planet. Paint damage, and a bumper

I'll post pics when I find the cord that connects my phone to my computer.

Last edited by McGnrAcDcfan227; 10-24-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:14 PM
3rd Gear Member

Um, if it all happened so quickly, how did you manage to count all 14 points?

But seriously, that sucks. I hope you dont find any hidden damage. Glad you weren't hurt.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:23 AM
4th Gear Member

Anybody who names their car "Allison" better get a life . It is a car and NOT a woman.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:09 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

well its good that there wasnt much damage. just check underneth and make sure none of the exhaust got smashed up.

btw, my camaro's name is Cindy and my girlfriend's camaro is named Sofie. even women name their car

Old 10-25-2009, 06:58 PM
4th Gear Member

Yea, I guess I will name my car "MONEYPIT".....

Old 10-25-2009, 07:04 PM
August 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Dude, chill out. You're gonna down the guy for naming his car? Plenty of people do. My Z is named Camille, and I have a life as well.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

My mustang is named Filthy gorgeous and the camaro is named jenny... i got a life. . . and good for you for not totalling the car. a bumper aint a bad price to pay for a deer.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:56 PM
March 2008 ROTM

true. and chances are, like most of these third gens, it had a TON of road rash on it from various things. maybe i should break mine.. lol

mine dont have a name. but our 68 is named " the beast".

Old 10-26-2009, 06:19 AM
4th Gear Member
Question

Lets see, we have ALLISON, CINDY, (SOFIE), JENNY and CAMILLE are some of female names people named their cars. Well dudes, you think you have a life but it is not a very good one. (SOFIE) I question also. I guess, I will take the MONEYPIT out to the beach today and see some real women with those names.

Last edited by blackz87; 03-16-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Haha dude, chill out, it's just a name. Anyway, no hidden damage, we had a shop inspect and align the front suspension. Anybody got a third gen front bumper they don't want?

Last edited by McGnrAcDcfan227; 10-26-2009 at 09:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Put Allison off the edge of an embankment Friday night :(