puddles in the floor

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Default puddles in the floor

Ive had my rs for about 3 years now. i noticed about a month ago that their was water sitting in my passenger side floor. so i dried out the carpet and removed the wet insulation. Now its getting wet on both sides only after a hard rain or washing the car, its kinda a PITA espessially as much as it rains in FL. i have no idea where this water is coming from, i have heard that the windshield seal might be bad, any other suggestions or known problem areas?

Old 12-25-2007, 02:50 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: puddles in the floor

It may be coming in around the windows,thats what my 95 is currently doing [:@].

Old 12-25-2007, 03:45 PM

thats what i thought it might be at first but when i looked into it further i noticed its coming from behind the dash, its not coolant so i dont think it has anything to do with the heater core either

Old 12-27-2007, 04:55 PM
In the Staging Lanes

To fix it all you need to do is sell it and buy a 4th gen. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 12-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Droid

Clogged drains on windshield plenum causing water to go into heater air intake ???

Old 12-27-2007, 06:40 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

ORIGINAL: z28pete

Clogged drains on windshield plenum causing water to go into heater air intake ???
Thats where I was going with it....

Old 12-28-2007, 01:18 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: z28pete

He could turn the fan on and see if it acts like a humidifier!
But the water would have to be prety high up and it would most likely be pouring ou from the HVAC box. The windshield could have a small leak and it would cause water to run along the seam and get any where and every where. Feel under the headliner along the front edge for moisture.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:28 AM

So far i checked around my windshield seal and it seems pretty good. i did however pop the plastic vent under and around the winshield wipers off and looked in there. its kinda hard to explain, but theirs a seal or seamthat runs along the back side of the firewall and bottom of that space. well that is all "ate up" right underneath the vents so my guess is that it everytime it rains the water goes right through those vents and trickles down that busted up seal. i'm just trying to figure out how the water is coming from the top outward corners and that old rotten seat is practicaly in the middle

Old 12-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Dashboardleaks can be tuff to find. Just because its coming in by the fan does not mean that is where the leak is. I have seen leak like you are talking about causedby a seal in the top of the windshield. The water just runs around and finds the easiest way out. Water leaks and airnoise are two of thetuffest things to find. Or I should say it can be tuff. Most ofthese leaks in the 3rd gens wherethe windshield seal. But that was back when the 3 gens where new. I do remember the body men used to use a hose and they would full up thewiperarea and make sure no water got on the windshield.Let it run for awhile. IF there was no leak they would resealed the windshield.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:26 PM
1st Gear Member

T tops are known to leak.

Quick Reply: puddles in the floor