a pretty stupid newb question

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 01:00 AM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: a pretty stupid newb question

Ya man its stressful working all the time( everyday to be exact) but everytime i get something done to the car i feel better. the car should be running around march. i'll be sure to post a racing video when i get one. Throughout the summer i plan on gettin it painted and that sort of stuff. My biggest problem is i have a 4 wheeler payment every month (have a lot of fun with it, but its the supidest buy iv ever made).

Old 10-31-2006, 02:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

you oughtta swap the 2.8 out for a 5.7 350 or a 400 small block
Please don't take this the wrong way... But if you have questions regarding where to place jackstands, I would seriously consider getting a manual or how to book for engine swaps before I went gung-ho and bought a motor to just " swap in " .... sometimes it fights a little bit to say the least [:-]

Old 11-01-2006, 01:27 AM

Dude, I've built several 3rd generation camaros from the ground up and i've found that the best way to learn is to do. Ohh yeah, and about the jack stands, anywhere sturdy but the floor pan is fine. You're looking for balance and support. The pinch weld that runs along the very bottom of the door jam is fine if you need to get it way up in the air. I swapped out my rear end in my 82 for a rear end out of an 87 GTA. Why? because it has a locker. I didn't want to be known as the one wheel wonder. If you have any other questions don't be afraid to e-mail me @ superhotchevy@yahoo.com

Old 11-01-2006, 02:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah I got everything hooked up and running jackstands wernt a problem i was just confuzed at the time. And yeah i know what working everyday is like i did it myself for a while and i just quit to look for another better paying job...this will help me get more things done to my car. And i also agree when you get something into your car to make it more powerful it just makes me want to drive my car more. Now that i put it away and i am driving my slow jeep its so boring driving an automatic vs driving my stick. I know the 2.8 isnt much but its something and mine deffinetly has some punch to it.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:37 AM
In the Staging Lanes

the best way the learn to how to do something most of the time is asking questions and don't be afraid to ask good luck on building the camaro the world needs more kids like you that has a job and work for the toys they need

Old 11-04-2006, 04:19 AM
2nd Gear member

Can't argue with that. The world needs more adults like that too. Wish I could find a job that left me with time and money to do something with my baby. It's good to know there are people on here I can help and live vicariously through untill that day comes again though. Keep up the good work, and don't quit 'till you've got what you set out for in the first place. You'll hate yourself for it if you don't get it. I know I did....