Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Exclamation Please Help!

Ok so I have a 91 rs with the V6. I bought the car from my brother and when he had it, the car would start and stall out. He and my dad put in a new fuel filter and a new pump, after they got that all finished, the car would fire right up. My brother was able to drive it, and it drove real strong.

About 3 days before they delivered it to my house, my brother informed me that it was doing the start, sputter, stall thing again.

So i thought I would do a tune up i.e. plugs, wires, cap & rotor.

Still starting, sputtering and stalling out.

I was able to use an OBD I reader. Got code 33 which states that it could either be a MAF or MAP sensor. My car doesnt have a MAF so I replaced the MAP. Still doing the same thing. I am completely stumped. I know this is kinda long, but I really hope someone else has some insight.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Old 10-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Tech Droid

Could be that the fuel pump failed again, or the fuel filter is clogged due to bad stuff in the tank. Code 33 refers to the MAP sensor and its electrical circuit and vacuum connection. Look for poor electrical connections including shorts & opens between the MAP and the ECM. Leaky or clogged vacuum hose, a bad MAP sensor, or possibly but unlikely a bad ECM.