opinions on wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 07:50 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club
Default opinions on wheel spacers

I want to get new wheels for my car but the only ones i find that i like are for fourth gen. Im leary of wheel spacers especially with my power and aggressive driving. Will they hold up taking corners ar 90+ or do i have to settle with the very little selection of 16x8 and even fewer 16x10 wheels for third gen? Id also like 17 simply because there are no performance 15 tires

Old 01-18-2013, 12:20 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

I've used spacer adapters on my previous Monte, and currently on my Jeep (back side clearance needed for bigger tires). Never had an issue, but h.p. comparison obviously isn't the same. Still, I wouldn't have a problem using them. You want to use billet aluminum, hub-centric adapters. Not all "billet" ones are created equal, so shop smart. I got mine from an American company who makes them here in the good ol USA, not imported from China like a lot of the other ones out there. They can custom make them to fit any hub to any wheel. I can get you their info if you want. They've been helpful on the phone, and will certainly tell you the limitations of their adapters.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:39 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

alrighty. ill see if american racing can make me a wheel in the size i want, or i can send one out to get widened. i hate the limited choice of tires for 15"