new car

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Default new car

hi my name is will i am about to buy a 82 z28 with a 400 small block, it needs a new caliper and according to the po they put different iroc rims on it and its causing metal on metal and i need wheel spacers, but they also have the old wheels but the tires are popped so what do you guys think my best course of action would be new tires on the old rim or spacers and also can anyone steer me in a good direction for part websites thank you guys.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:10 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by minitruth1984
hi my name is will i am about to buy a 82 z28 with a 400 small block, it needs a new caliper and according to the po they put different iroc rims on it and its causing metal on metal and i need wheel spacers, but they also have the old wheels but the tires are popped so what do you guys think my best course of action would be new tires on the old rim or spacers and also can anyone steer me in a good direction for part websites thank you guys.

wow

a 30 year old car and the only thing it needs is a brake caliper and it's in western MA where road salt is used???????????

not knowing exactly what wheels and tires you have it's tough to help

with respect to parts, your local parts stores will have what you need

Old 11-03-2011, 01:17 PM
3rd Gear Member

I would agree. Please verify by providing some more information, and as I've mentioned on other threads, please verifiy you are going to get what you pay for. I am very very skeptical of all the stroker motors and 400's that turn out to be 305's....it is quite common.