new camaro, a little help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Default new camaro, a little help.

i just got a 92 RS 25yr anniversary edition, and there are a few things that i need help with. I was wondering what i can to do fix them and/or find out more about them.

1. The RPM gauge doesn't work.
2. The button in between the power window buttons doesn't work, and i don't even seem to know what it does. haha
3. I bought it and it had a different exhaust than the stock one. it has a 3 inch dual exit exhaust.

if you can help me find out how to fix the first 2, and find out what is up with the 3rd, it would help greatly in my endeavors to make this piece of machine even better.

haha.

thank you.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:17 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: new camaro, a little help.

im not exactly sure what ur looking for on the 3rd, most people replace the stock exhaust for a better sound and performance.

as for the first two,

1- 90-92 were alot more computer controled than other years, it might show up in codes im not sure, only the earlier models if you were getting power and it was hooked up to the distributor then the guage was bad, which was common idk if that is still the case with your year.

2-that button is the power hatch release(between the power window buttons) their not to bad to test, you can do it with test wires to see if its the switch or not, if its not i would check the unit itself for power, i've heard of the motors buring out but dont know how common it is.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Overdrive Member

Check your wires on the coil. The tach lead is a white one. Maybe some one replaces the coil and used a different connector. Early or late the tach does not hook up directly to the computer.
On the switch and the tach. Did you check all the fuses? There are also fuseable links but they feed more than one item for power and other things may not work if a link was bad.
Stock exhaust was a good sized dual outlet. I think theinner diameter was 2 3/4

Old 08-31-2007, 10:36 AM

thanks, i am looking forward to figuring it out.

hopefully won't be an issue that will lead me to another issue. ha.