My Situation: Got ripped off

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:49 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default My Situation: Got ripped off

I was excited when i got my 88 maro as a first car, but i was wrong to be happy. I paid $900 for a lemon that had it's frame welded, it's floor fixed with pool sheet metal, f*cked up interior, hood badly ajusted because the ground effects kit was put on ***-sideways, exhaust needing reparations and to top it off a botched, half-assed restoration job with everything that could be done wrong. Now it's at the garage because the fuel pump broke, and i'm thinking of getting rid of it. Problem is, i don't want to get a crappy ricer like everyone else, i want something in the same category! As for getting back at the seller, it's 2 hours away. I know something like a mint Z28 is out of the question for now, but if at least i can get a respectable american car i can work on i'd be happy. The problem is i'm out of a job right now and i'm short on cash.

Do you know what i could fetch if i took it apart for parts? It's a 2.8L TPI.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:58 PM
March 2008 ROTM
Default RE: My Situation: Got ripped off

no such thing as a 2.8 tpi my friend. lol

but yea, sounds like you got a real lemon, i dont know if i could even be able to sell it knowing the problems. at least not for much..

as far as a new car. if your wanting another 3rd gen, look for the RS, very popular car, most seemed to have had the 305 TBI and its not a bad motor, you can get them cheap.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:59 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Sorry, 2.8l whatever it is. Needs a tune-up so bad it sounds carbed.
But when i say for parts i mean hacking it apart myself, selling it piece by piece. No selling it $400 for scrap, that dosen't buy me a car. I can't work for the time being, and having this... thing... isin't great. It ran acceptably until the fuel pump broke, and it's pretty fun to ride around with the T-top, but there's so no way it could ever be a great car.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:34 PM
3rd Gear Member

Dude, relax. Fix the fuel pump and drive your beater. Welded frame? Hows that hurtin you? Bad restoration job? Who else can tell? Get it runnin and drive it. Its not like you bought this car to turn it into a speed demon. No matter HOW bad this car is, its still better than any piece of **** Vato-Zoned out ricer. All Im sayin is dont let it get to you that bad, Its just a car, a lump of metal and rubber. I know its easy for me to say, but search this forum under my name and you will see more catstrophic problems with my car than you can imagine.

Good luck man. Beat the car, dont let it beat you. I feel your frustration.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:48 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks man

Old 08-24-2007, 02:10 AM
Overdrive Member

Scott giving advice on not giving up???Well it true he did not even though he starts just about every post with how he is getting rid of his POS.
Just do what he mentioned. Get a fuel pump and install it. You wont like installing it and will want to get rid of the car even more but when your done then you can drive it again.
And it is MPI or aka MPFI

Old 08-24-2007, 11:17 PM
3rd Gear Member

Mike, I SWEAR to GOD Im gonnna pack my POS up on a C-141, fly over your house and DROP it on your roof! Oh wait, lemme rip out those Z28 nose inserts first, they seem to be worth more than the car....

Old 08-24-2007, 11:28 PM
4th Gear Member

scott.... you tube that shyt ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: ScottD

Mike, I SWEAR to GOD Im gonnna pack my POS up on a C-141, fly over your house and DROP it on your roof! Oh wait, lemme rip out those Z28 nose inserts first, they seem to be worth more than the car....
Scott, you should have started a new thread
But I admit your last few post were not about how your going to part the car out or burn it. Speaking of those grille inserts. The ones in my 84 were in perfect condition and 20 years old when I wrecked my car. They did not get hit. After seeing what tight asses want for them I wish I kept lots of the parts off my car.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:32 PM
March 2008 ROTM

if i ever wreck my car to the point where it wouldnt be salvageable, ill keep the car anyway, and sell what i can, then take it to a local junker.

Quick Reply: My Situation: Got ripped off