my second camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 12:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default my second camaro

had a 71--now an 88-what makes a camaro an rs-i know its a sport coupe--has t tops-silver w second color lower trim-this car had been broke into the steering column is hanging loose-no keys and i need advice on a good way to start this project--buy a used column as a whole maybe?????

Old 03-03-2007, 02:13 PM
May 2007 ROTM
Default RE: my second camaro

I would start with the used colum. Hit up the junk yards for any parts that are in good shape.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah check a local junk yard for the steering column and anything in reasonable condition so you can get this puppy rolling. I'm on my fourth camaro: 87, 89 IROC Z28, 94 Z28 and now my 85 Z28. I can't get enough of them

Old 03-12-2007, 03:34 AM
In the Staging Lanes

thanks-i will call the junk yard here--today i was able to start it and drive it with the steering wheel flopping all around[X(]u should a seen me- the blinker switch was sticking straight up and the horn would blast it was funny--it has a v6 in it and it doesnt run bad--i have a couple of trucks with healthy big blocks-so im thinkin on a small block for this car--but i havent drivin it yet-a friend has a 4blt 400 basket case-200.00--i guess i need to know what will bolt up andwhat these cars will do with 400hp. to the ground---------the two tone gray and t-tops really go together--nice looking car!

Old 03-12-2007, 03:36 AM
In the Staging Lanes

people helping people-thats class
ORIGINAL: wesgmc

thanks-i will call the junk yard here--today i was able to start it and drive it with the steering wheel flopping all around[X(]u should a seen me- the blinker switch was sticking straight up and the horn would blast it was funny--it has a v6 in it and it doesnt run bad--i have a couple of trucks with healthy big blocks-so im thinkin on a small block for this car--but i havent drivin it yet-a friend has a 4blt 400 basket case-200.00--i guess i need to know what will bolt up andwhat these cars will do with 400hp. to the ground---------the two tone gray and t-tops really go together--nice looking car!