my new to me camaro!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Default my new to me camaro!

hey guys, i havent had much time on my hands lately with work and school and stuff, but i finally took a moment to take some pictures of my camaro. pictures do not do it any justice i think they made the car look horrible lol much nicer in person.

Name:  DSCN5240.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  117.7 KB

Name:  DSCN5241.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  136.7 KB

Name:  DSCN5238.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  138.3 KB

Name:  DSCN5244.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  81.7 KB

Name:  DSCN5242.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  147.7 KB

i just have to save some money and ill start cleaning it up and replacing anyhting that needs to be replaced and put in. it came with the console disassembled, i put that in last weekend, passenger side window doesnt work though. also needs some new door bushings as the passenger door droops to the point where it cant be shut without lifting it a bit. needs the t bar peice for the t tops as well, you can see its pretty rusted out haha. wiring is a little bit funky under the hood but that will be sorted out as well (any diagrams of the wiring you can point me in the direction of?) and of course theres a few things im forgetting at the moment and im sure there will be more stuff to find and fix. i cant wait to have it on the road, i hope the snow melts sooner then later!

Old 02-16-2010, 09:01 PM
I dont like my title

who wired that thing up man?need some looms and electrical tape and itll clean that bay up nice and pretty or even a wire tuck that would be awsome and clean!Gotta love a 3rd gen could be turned into a head tuner and neck breaker with some know how and a lil tlc GL!!

Last edited by Boosted8vfury; 02-16-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes

AHHH..... you might wanna think about doing something with your exhaust before your passenger either burns their legs off getting out of the car or suffocates when the window is down. Besides, the "O"ther "P"eoples "P"olice might say something also.

Good luck with the resto, always good to see another one come back to life.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:32 PM

i have no idea who did the wiring...but im gonna take care of that soon, its on the to do list. as for the exhaust, its pretty far tucked under the car it doesnt stick out, i cant see anyone burnin their legs on it. i do catch your drift though on those other peoples police haha it came with flowmaster exhaust (might be something else im pretty sure its flowmaster havent really looked at it that much) itll just need to be put together and ill probably have to buy a few other bits and peices to make it work. i cant wait to get it on the road, should be lots of fun!

Last edited by hb22man; 02-17-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:34 AM
4th Gear Member

I hope you have a good checkbook balance & lot of mechanical skills because you are gone to need them on that car. Good luck......

Old 02-18-2010, 08:02 AM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

Great looking project with alot of potential. My best advice is tackle one thing at a time. I would start by sorting out that wiring harness..even if you need to buy a newer one that isnt hacked off of a member here or ebay. That may alleviate any potential problems immediately. Follow that up with a good tuneup, check your timing and then deal with that exhaust. Finally move on to the interior stuff. I know classic industries sells an ABS headliner that will never sag for your car, as I had one in my 88. I will try and dig out some wiring schematics to help you. Good luck!

Old 02-18-2010, 06:07 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

is you brake booster hose connected to the valve cover??

i do see you have the very rare overhead console. not many cars came with that, especially with t-tops

Old 02-18-2010, 09:52 PM

i am going to start tackling the wiring soon. if you could find those wiring schematics it would be greatly appreciated! my friends dad will tune the car up sometime soon, and i will check that headliner out!

as for the brake booster im not exactly sure. and had no idea that was a rare option, thats a cool fact i didnt know!