motor pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Default motor pics

Does anyone have any pictures of a 89 rs 305 motor? im putting it back together after the previous owner tore it down to replace the head gasket and threw everything in the trunk and sold it to me. So im not sure where a few things go. Thanks

Old 09-23-2009, 07:57 PM
3rd Gear Member

Honestly, does ANYONE use google image search?

Countrychevy, do a google image search for "305 engine". there will be at least a dozen good pictures that come up. Ebay is also a good resource for that.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:15 PM
March 2008 ROTM

now scott..

Just look for a pic of the engine bay of the third gen camaro. As long is its TBI it will work for you. Best thing is to use a 89 setup. I have TONS of mine.. but forgot my photobucket so im no help really.

i tried to attach a file.. never done it so we will see

well it worked. lemme know if you need more

Attached Thumbnails motor pics-before-work-030.jpg  
Old 09-23-2009, 09:00 PM
3rd Gear Member

What???? You dont seem to be picking on the newbies, somebody has too! But really, soooooooo many simple questions around here could be solved with a simple google search! Where were these kids when all we had to reference was a JC Whitney catalog and a Chiltons manual? (Back before chiltons sucked......) Here's my list of questions that drive me nuts:
1) what rims should I choose?
2) What color should I paint my car?
3) What exhaust makes my car sound better?
4) ANY stereo related question.
5)Any post with grammar like 'i gots a 96 RS i wuz tryin ta start it n it wont go.......'

Hey newbie, Im just playin with you. Welcome aboard. Let us know if you have any specific items you need to attach. (please just dont refer to them as 'where does this spin-thingy' go?)

Old 09-23-2009, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by ScottD
What???? You dont seem to be picking on the newbies, somebody has too! But really, soooooooo many simple questions around here could be solved with a simple google search! Where were these kids when all we had to reference was a JC Whitney catalog and a Chiltons manual? (Back before chiltons sucked......) Here's my list of questions that drive me nuts:
1) what rims should I choose?
2) What color should I paint my car?
3) What exhaust makes my car sound better?
4) ANY stereo related question.
5)Any post with grammar like 'i gots a 96 RS i wuz tryin ta start it n it wont go.......'

Hey newbie, Im just playin with you. Welcome aboard. Let us know if you have any specific items you need to attach. (please just dont refer to them as 'where does this spin-thingy' go?)

haha yeah i know the whole newbie routine. Im a member on fullsizechevy and its a routine thing there. Im new to the whole camaro thing but have always loved them. Im going to school to become a gm tech so im passed the spinny thingy part references but i am just confused on the layout of some of the things. I honestly dont know what the moron who tore it down to do a head gasket was thinking. The radiator was out the fan all kinds of other stupid stuff. So im trying to piece it all together with bolts out of a box. Not the best situation but its still fun. Thanks for the pics btw.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:30 PM
3rd Gear Member

I looked at a Camaro like that once. Entire hatchback was full of parts and mold.......good luck on your project.