More engine bay space. A/C pulley

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:34 AM
In the Staging Lanes

it looks alot better without it trust me. mine came without one. having the open engine bay looks alot cleaner. plus without the compressor there is less stress on the motor which means more hp

Old 06-29-2009, 03:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Djs I am keeping all the parts and it looks alot cleaner now. I'm also glad to see your replies. I did remove it mainly because it was touching the new coolant hose and I couldnt possibly bend it anymore, and I didnt want them to rub. But I definately like the look without it.
I stored all the parts away in the a box.

Maybe I could switch the smog and A/C pulley?
That would still make it look pretty neat as the smog is on the lower left and unseen.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:32 PM
3rd Gear Member

I'm not sure what you mean, do you want to swap the a/c compressor and you smog compressor locations? If so, I don't think that'll work. I could be wrong though. You may have some rotation problems, not to mention bracket relocation. Actually, i have my a/c de-belted because the braket hits my valve cover. The strokers aluminum heads and valve covers sit up like 1.5" higher than stock. I've had a heck of a time getting all the bugs worked out and that is just trying to gain an extra inch to get the belt adjusted.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by djs383
I'm not sure what you mean, do you want to swap the a/c compressor and you smog compressor locations? If so, I don't think that'll work. I could be wrong though. You may have some rotation problems, not to mention bracket relocation. Actually, i have my a/c de-belted because the braket hits my valve cover. The strokers aluminum heads and valve covers sit up like 1.5" higher than stock. I've had a heck of a time getting all the bugs worked out and that is just trying to gain an extra inch to get the belt adjusted.
Well Im just getting rid of the smog all togethor my county doesnt have emissions. So I was thinking maybe I could put the A/C there. But No big deal if I can't I'm use to not having luxury.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:06 PM
2nd Gear member

i took my ac out and it did give me tons of room

Old 06-30-2009, 07:29 AM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stix80
i took my ac out and it did give me tons of room

To do what with? Sleep under your hood? I don't understand at all why you'd want to do that, let me guess now its so powerfull you need ladder bars.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:32 AM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mesosneaky
Well Im just getting rid of the smog all togethor my county doesnt have emissions. So I was thinking maybe I could put the A/C there. But No big deal if I can't I'm use to not having luxury.

Look, they will soon enough. I'm actually from Pa, columbia/luzerne county. No one ever thought columbia county would initiate it...guess what they followed whatever luzerene did (WB-Scranton).

Its not worth the hassle of swapping all that stuff in and out...trust me