marble coat

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 05:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Default marble coat

anyone here familiar with marble coat. i like the way it looks and i have the basic idea on how to do it. but i dont wanna do a whole car personally and be dissatisfied. anyone have pics of a car with marble coat. i may not even do that tho, but would still like to see it. also thinking about just the rear spoiler and the hood ducts, or maybe somethin cool on the car with marble coat inside lol. idk. any input is welcome. just no "marble coat is G-y and so ae you"

Old 04-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: marble coat

Marble Coat????
Is that anything like Oaky Chrome???

Old 04-03-2007, 07:37 PM
1st Gear Member

ill see if i can find a pic for you, its pretty nice. dont think itd look good on a whole car but, it looks nice in small areas.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:49 PM
1st Gear Member

ok, here we go, too bad its on a scion. but this is the marble coat,
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...37_43_full.jpg

it can probably be done many ways but the low tech way is spraying on your base coat. and then getting some silver or gray paint and putting a little over the base. and using plastic to move the silver around making it apear like marble, and when you take the plastic off it will be like marble, looks best with black and gray. i think so anyway.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Overdrive Member

I never really got into that kind of stuff but some guys I know did. He was showing me, a few years back, some stuff called "crazers" (SP). Spray it on and it would react and turn out looking something like the intestine views in a medical show. Thats not for me.
I also used to do the clear work on helmets for drag racers. I knew a guy that would paint thier grilles and headlights and such on thier cars and they would also give him free range on painting thier helmets. He did the splatter off the plastic fork, the saran wrap blot, the lightning, the wood grain,....and all this on one helmet some times! Then I would clear them, sand it and clear again, That made it flow so nice like glass whitout rubbing and making it smooth. Only to get thrown around.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:13 PM
1st Gear Member

yea, its a shame how much work goes into an item just for it to be damaged shortly thereafter. reminds me of my guitar.its electric red, dark like blood. not too long after i got it, somone knocked it off of the stand and chipped the paint on the head stock. its a limited edition squier strat. i cant find it anywhere. and i hate to find how much it would cost to have it refinished. probably as much as it would cost to have my car painted.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Overdrive Member

"Squier Strat" Is that some Billy Squier edition? Either way does that not just burn your *** worse that a flame about 3 feet high! I don't know where to start the list of things I had that "freinds" F'ed up.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:01 AM
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't do the hole car that way but maybe some stripes would look good. I think theirs a 4th gen on here with marble stripes.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: 91camaro305rs

I wouldn't do the hole car that way but maybe some stripes would look good. I think theirs a 4th gen on here with marble stripes.
I agrre with that. Like when they came out with the "harlequene" type paint and people were painting thier whole cars with it. I thought it would look better as stipes or some kind of graphics.
Though VW had thier halequene edition of a Jetta I think. It had each body panel a different color. Made the cars look like they were put together at the junk yard.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:46 AM
1st Gear Member

yea, it wouldnt look to good on such a large body, or any body for that matter. i was thinking maybe about as my stripes i put down the center. idk. ill come up with somethin lol. oh yea, things our friends mess up lol. my friends were with me when i changed the belts on my car. they helped... one helped a bolt strip its way through the alternator. lol. i had to get a bolt and a nut from home depot to hold the alternator in place. i dont have a tap set, and if i did. i dont think the next size up for the bolt would fit through the mount.

Quick Reply: marble coat