Looking to Buy my First Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Default Looking to Buy my First Camaro

ok guys this is my first post here and i am looking at a 1987 Chevy Camaro Iroc Z...and i was wondering what should i look at when i go to buy it...should i check the underbody, the motor, and should i check the the t-tops for leaks.

Old 06-11-2006, 08:09 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Looking to Buy my First Camaro

Unfortunately the best way to find any potential problems is to drive it first. As for the T-Tops we have had new weather stripping put on ours but it still leaks.

Old 06-11-2006, 09:36 PM
In the Staging Lanes

definitly check for any smoke coming out of the exhaust... with and older american engine if the previous owner beat the car that might be bad news, you wouldnt want to have to rebuild an engine right after you buy the car.

Old 06-11-2006, 10:57 PM

thanks for the feedback guys

Old 06-13-2006, 08:56 PM

well i just got back from checking out the camaro and well the exterior and interior were in mint condidtion allong with the underbody. But when i popped the hood i found a a 5.7 350...but this engine was in need of a complete rebuild,new trans,new rearend, and a driveshaft. I almost bought it, but i remembered i still have a project going and i don't need another one So much for my first camaro...oh well i'll find a good one one of these days