Lockable Center Console?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 12:56 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Lockable Center Console?

Since my car is a convertible I have been looking around online for a lockable center console, but I have come across nothing. Does anyone here know if any company sells a lockable center console that fits in a third-gen?

Old 08-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: Lockable Center Console?

Now that is a lot of silver! [8D]
Unfortunatly I can't think of any lockable lids. There are lockable boxes designed to mount under a seat but I don't know if there are any that will fit under a Camaro's seat.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:05 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Yeah. My Camaro is pretty silver, but I want to get it painted orange and black! The only silver will probably be the wheels.
Hmm, if there isnt a lockable center console, maybe there is a glove compartment that I can mod into the passenger side of the dash. Anyone know of that or any other alternatives?

Old 08-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Overdrive Member

Well if you think about it the best thing to do is put stuff in the trunk area. If you had a locking glove box and some one wanted in they would just break it open. Then you would have not only lost the items inside but also gained damage. Its sad to say but if you don't want the the things you pay for f*#%ked up you have the let the chicken **** theives have what ever they want to take.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Hmmmmm....I see a marketing opportunity here. If I were able to come up with a retro-fit lock to work on the console lid, would anybody be interested in buying one?
I'm thinking a barn-door style lock and hasp, whattaya think?
Now, I just gotta get crankin' on the website!
And M.M., I know I can count on your support too!!! [8D]

Old 08-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: Camaro 69

Hmmmmm....I see a marketing opportunity here. If I were able to come up with a retro-fit lock to work on the console lid, would anybody be interested in buying one?
I'm thinking a barn-door style lock and hasp, whattaya think?
Now, I just gotta get crankin' on the website!
And M.M., I know I can count on your support too!!! [8D]

Just be sure to get a new user name and only post, in multiple sections, links to your web site selling your product. So that way we know your main pbjective is to only make money off the members with the use of this free site.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:26 PM
March 2008 ROTM

[sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=nothatway.gif]

Old 08-21-2008, 10:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

MadMike - Thats what I have been doing, but its a minor inconvenience for me to walk around to my trunk to drop stuff in it. I guess thats what I get for buying a convertible[8D]

Camaro 69 - Can you actually make something like that? I was thinking of maybe looking for a similar lock and modding it into the center console.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:14 AM
August 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

What kind of things are we talking about here? Personally I would just hide the stuff under the seat, or up in the kick panel. You could make the little trim piece that is under the steeing wheel a little compartment, but just having a locked console isnt going to stop anyone...

Old 08-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Overdrive Member

Yeah... Need a secret compartment like James Bond would have! Don't forget the smoke screen switch and oill switch

Quick Reply: Lockable Center Console?