liquid clay bar?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 04:49 PM
March 2008 ROTM
Default liquid clay bar?

been pondering fora week or two about clay baring my car...

i see that turtle ice has a liquid clay bar, wondering if any of you know anything about the product? my paint is eh, well its old to say the least and it didnt age like fine wine if ya know what i mean..

i know it wont be as good asa true clay bar, but i was wondering if it would be worth the time? Im mostly just experimenting with this paint, ive already useda half dozen waxes and polishes. This way i know from first hand expierence whats gona give me the look i want on my NEW paint, which i hope to have within the next two years.

Old 07-04-2007, 02:44 PM
March 2008 ROTM
Default RE: liquid clay bar?

well, i gave it a shot. i havent polished or waxed it yet. im waitin for it to dry again. i spent an hour on JUST the right quarter, i had tar all over it. But it came off eventually. Ill let ya know how it turns out after its polished and waxed.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:14 PM
2nd Gear member

Man let me tell you something about that ****..... Best product i have ever used period!!!! i hope you feel the same way, now follow it up with the paste wax, and then the detail spray, or..... if ur not too handy iwth paste wax, go for the liquid was, leaves no residue on ANYTHING!!!

Old 07-04-2007, 04:29 PM
March 2008 ROTM

we will see. i just finished polishing, and the wax is drying. Ill let yall know how it turned out shortly

Old 07-04-2007, 05:24 PM
March 2008 ROTM

well, its done, im less than impressed with the results. Looks alright, got the tar off, but other than that, i dont see any major difference. of course my paint may be to far gone to make a difference. I should try it on something newer. So i wont say this is a bad product, but from what i know of it so far, its not a great product. MIGHT also just be that its a liquid clay bar, not a true clay.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:28 PM
March 2008 ROTM

heres the finished result, you can decide from what you see here

also, there is a pic included of some damage. I think its the clear coat. But i dont know for sure. i was wondering if any of you would happen to know a trick to at lest making this less visable. Other than sanding it down and repainting it.

and another thing, notice the dent behind the gas door? can that just be pulled out? or do i have to knock it out from behind?

Old 07-04-2007, 06:50 PM
1st Gear Member

im no expert but isnt that oxidation on the roof? i believe they make products for that, but ive never used any so im not sure..

Old 07-04-2007, 07:58 PM
2nd Gear member

Well i mean on my car it was amazing lol, then again i have a slightly better paint job ase you can see, no offense of course , and yea they do make something for that oxidation **** i believe http://www.flitz.com/index.html FLITZ THAT SOB!!!!

Old 07-04-2007, 08:08 PM
3rd Gear Member

The problem on your roof is just your clear coat.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:59 PM
March 2008 ROTM

no offense taken, i know my paint isnt so great. trust me im workin on that. lol

so is it oxidation or clear coat?

Quick Reply: liquid clay bar?