Just some questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Default Just some questions

I've been looking at the 1984 and 85' Z28 Camaro. I just wanted to see if there were any problems eith them and if so any quick fixes.

My second question is if there is any way to make the car sound louder with out major work on the car itself?

thanks, Kaboose

Old 07-23-2007, 02:50 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Just some questions

[sm=lame.gif]just what we need another redneck with a crappedout and loud car. Also no quick fixes for you on 23 old + car or how to make it loud. Now if you had some reasonable questions, you would of received some answers.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:48 PM
March 2008 ROTM

louder? not so much but sound better would be a good set of headers and a full exhaust, if your able to, you can do a cat delete. But its up to your emissions and safety inspections.

Where black is right, is that there are very few things we can tell you that are easy fixes on such a car without knowing anything more than its either an 84 or 85 Z28. Well need more info as to what seems to be wrong. unless your just asking of normal things. In which case, heater cores are TERRIBLE in these cars for some reason, maybe its simply the age. Thats a long job to replace it. Or you can bring it someplace to do it, but count on spending big bucks haveing it replaced. Check the normal things when lookin. Ask the normal questions.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:43 PM

I took the heater core right out of mine since it's going to be a summer car. I just hooked the heater switches/fan speed up to my cooling fans

Old 07-23-2007, 09:27 PM
1st Gear Member

thats genious Tommy! interesting..........lol

Old 07-23-2007, 10:06 PM
3rd Gear Member

Hey Kaboose, welcome to the forum. Ignore those nasty bastards from earlier. Some guys get downright ornery around here. (Just giving you a hard time Black, I have all this displaced anger leftover from Mike...)Now, lets address your first question and why they jumped on you...."Do they have problems" This is a 24 year old car. You have to know something about cars in order to keep it running. If you dont turn wrenches, it might not be the right car for you. Early 3rd gens arent noted for having any special problems (like, say early Dodge Neons and their head gasket issues). I can tell you that your doors are gonna sag, your t tops will leak and at some point your window motors will burn out. Other than that its hit or miss.

Now, the stupid question......how to make it louder. It sounds like you just want a loud car. Kinda like a kid who just yells a lot so he can be noticed. If you want better, deeper sound, put on a set of glass pack mufflers. But be aware that some ricer a$$hole will want to race your now 'muscle' sounding car and hes gonna whoop that old, tired 305..........

So, dont let these guys scare you off. The car community is full of half assed punks who seem to think a car with lowered rims and a rattlecan exhaust is the shiznizzle. This forum is not designed for those kinds of guys. Be specific with your questions and you will gain a wealth of knowledge from some of the gurus around here. Good luck.