Just got my first camaro

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Default Just got my first camaro

Hey guys,
Just bought an 83 Z28. with a 350 dropped in it. 5 speed and T tops.
Paid 450 for it, and now its Time for my restoration. Just wanted to introduce myself see what your opinions were on what to look for first.

The main things it needs are a brake booster and pretty much every brake booster on the car.
It has a fiberglass Daytona iroc hood on it thats pinned down. That will be coming off and replaced with a stock iroc hood (which came with it)
What do you think I can sell the hood for? It doesnt look too bad. Has the holes for the pins thats about it.

Thats all I can think of for now. Ill keep posted here.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:29 PM

Old 12-18-2010, 12:38 AM
2nd Gear member

"The main things it needs are a brake booster and pretty much every brake booster on the car."

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

Old 12-18-2010, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by c4maro
"The main things it needs are a brake booster and pretty much every brake booster on the car."

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????
Oops... Sorry I was talking and typing at the same time. I mean a brake booster and pretty much every weather strip on the car. Theyre all dry rotted out. Thanks for pointing that out

Old 12-18-2010, 06:09 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

are you sure its a 350? otherwise, doesnt seem too bad a deal. as for the hood, good luck. i dont think theyre very popular

Old 12-18-2010, 09:12 PM
3rd Gear Member

I think it al depends on what you mean by restoration. After paint I did all weatherstripping, t-top seals, window felts and windshield seal and reveal molding. Just that stuff alone is about $400. So, i wouldn't start there.....

Old 12-19-2010, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by microkid
are you sure its a 350? otherwise, doesnt seem too bad a deal. as for the hood, good luck. i dont think theyre very popular

Yup. The motor was swapped to a 350. I can tell by looking at it that it has been swapped.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by djs383
I think it al depends on what you mean by restoration. After paint I did all weatherstripping, t-top seals, window felts and windshield seal and reveal molding. Just that stuff alone is about $400. So, i wouldn't start there.....
Thats all it really needs is the weather stripping and fresh paint. aside from the brake booster and a little tune up of course. I dont plan to go wild. Just to make it look and drive nice. Doesnt need to be like new. I have the money, but dont plan to spend more than a few grand