i'm new to this camaro ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 08:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default i'm new to this camaro ...

jus got my camaro a couple weeks ago an been study on what i want to do with it . it's a 92 rs with a 305 auto .i come from a turbo'd car , 400 whp srt4 that run 12's .i've been thinking twin turbos on this but looking for someone with knowledge of this . thanks

Old 12-07-2009, 08:26 PM
3rd Gear Member

400 hp SRT4?

Im crying from laughing so hard............

Twin turbo on a 305? Gonna set you back about 2500 bucks and its wasted on a stock 305. Im sure I wont be the only one to tell you this, but a well built 350 swap is the way you want to go.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ScottD
400 hp SRT4?

Im crying from laughing so hard............

Twin turbo on a 305? Gonna set you back about 2500 bucks and its wasted on a stock 305. Im sure I wont be the only one to tell you this, but a well built 350 swap is the way you want to go.
don't care what you believe , i pics an vids of the track
2500 ain't nothing i had over 6000 in the neon .
i'm not here to argue or play , if you don't know i don't wanna hear ya .

Last edited by freaky; 12-07-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:11 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

twin turbo is possible, gm had a factory toy that was TT. however, the 305 is not a good candidate to do it too. its a decent motor stock and slightly modified, but there is much better. there is an easy way to go single turbo, sts makes a rear mounted turbo that replaces the muffler. now, is the car tbi or tpi? tbi looks a lot like a carb, while tpi has a rather intricate idividual runner/large plenum design. that is a very large determining factor as to how possible it is to do. do you plan on doing the work yourself or someone else doing the fab work?

btw scottd, our dyno srt4 (stage 2) made 280 whp with just a cat back and intake, and only slightly less in factory trim. it was only spooling 5 psi if i remember correctly.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:17 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by freaky
don't care what you believe , i pics an vids of the track
2500 ain't nothing i had over 6000 in the neon .
i'm not here to argue or play , if you don't know i don't wanna hear ya .
Hey noob, loose the attitude. 6K in a neon, and its still a neon......rice is rice.

With that being said, I was just busting your *****. That what some of us do here. Lighten up man.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:41 PM
1st Gear Member

i'm staying with the 305 thats jus whats in it now .with 146000 miles i know i need a different block . i was asking which would be better for a ctwin turbo setup .
an my neon was running 23lbs of boost on a 50 trim with alchol injection .
but that car is gone an now i'm moving on to this i got it used (1200)
no car payment so i got lots of money to play with this spring . i've been told the tranny an the rear will have to be changed cause i'm shooting for
around 500 whp .
an thanks for the info microkid

Old 12-07-2009, 09:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by microkid
twin turbo is possible, gm had a factory toy that was TT. however, the 305 is not a good candidate to do it too. its a decent motor stock and slightly modified, but there is much better. there is an easy way to go single turbo, sts makes a rear mounted turbo that replaces the muffler. now, is the car tbi or tpi? tbi looks a lot like a carb, while tpi has a rather intricate idividual runner/large plenum design. that is a very large determining factor as to how possible it is to do. do you plan on doing the work yourself or someone else doing the fab work?

btw scottd, our dyno srt4 (stage 2) made 280 whp with just a cat back and intake, and only slightly less in factory trim. it was only spooling 5 psi if i remember correctly.
me an friends will do all the work ,we did on the srt an there was 4-5 50 trims here we worked on around 400 whp
this is just a different beast
my complete srt mod list :
all i have is a 50 trim , 750 injectors ,hot side pipe , cca bfmic, needswings dp no cat, mccord electric opener , 38 mm wg ,dtec fc/bc 22 lbs of boost , front an rear strut bars ,progress front an rear sway bars, tripple pillar pod with auto meter volt an oil pressure guage , turbo xs widebind, turbonetics cold side pipe GReddy Type RZ Blow Off Valve ,return line ,255 walboro fuel pump ,act 6 puck sprung clutch, scan gauge , mpx 62 mm throttle body an ported mani, urathane motor mounts ,cooling mist water /meth Standard Trunk Mount Kit running 70/30 denatured alcohol / water mix , the b.s. chain has been removed ...

Last edited by freaky; 12-07-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:58 PM
3rd Gear Member

Wait, are we really trying to discuss putting twin turbo on a 305 or the Neons parts list? Id be interested to see where this twin kit comes from and how it bolts on. Im not against actually learning something new here......

Old 12-07-2009, 10:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ScottD
Wait, are we really trying to discuss putting twin turbo on a 305 or the ****4? Id be interested to see where this twin kit comes from and how it bolts on. Im not against actually learning something new here......
don't have the srt anymore i brought up explaing why i want to go turbo ,thats what i know .
i posted pics of the srt tho , go look at it
by the way darrell *** racing makes a twin turbo kit for the srt , dcr.com if you really want to see it .i belive the hot rod run 8's with that an a **** load more stuff .you really ought to know what your talking about before you speak. plenty of fast *** srt4 on youtube the fastest
street legal one runs like 9.13 at 160mph check it then talk to me .

Old 12-08-2009, 08:55 AM
3rd Gear Member

[QUOTE=you really ought to know what your talking about before you speak .[/QUOTE]

yeeeeeeeeah, Ill keep that in mind.