i need serious help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Default i need serious help!!

ok heres the deal ihave a92 camaro, it had a 305ci fi v8 that was blown i tore that engine out and i brought a 350 froma 72 camaro and rebuild it with eldle brock parts the engine is ready to be droped in, the problem i ran into is that i dont kno how to bi pay the fuel injection relays for the computer any ideas?? and the second problem is wioth the fuel line ...i understand that theres a fuel pump in the gas tank but the 350 has a fuel pump located on the side so waht do i do to allow the engine to get the right amount of gas can i jsut hook the engine mounted fuel pump up and have no problems or what.. please some one help!!!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:19 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: i need serious help!!

your gonna need to set up your tank for a carb. prolly better off just getting one from a carbed camaro. you can use the fuel lines and hook them up to the fuel pump on the engine, then run a gas line to the carb. theres nothing to it really. your engine will run, but theres gonna be some codes popping up all the time.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Lets back up, We need a few more details. Do you plan on using the fuel injections? Do you have another non-computer controled distributer?

If you want to use the computer your going to have some high tech issues.IMOThe easiest and cheapest way to to do the convertion is completely remove the computer and run off a carb and older style vacuume advance HEI distributer. As rockin85 said for the fuel lines its easiestto get a carb (pre 86) tanksand fuel lines.

You need to check with a local inspection mechanic about what is required in your area. If you have emmision in your area removing a computer is a no-no. Even some areas that do not have emmisions require that all emmision items be inplace and not bypassed as part of the yearly "safty" inspection.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:27 AM

well im keeping the 350 i have carbed, i understand now what i have to do with the gas lines,and theres no inspections in my small townso im good on that.. so about the computer how do i remove it do i remove all of it or what i have no clue when it comes to the computer... what does the computer really used for

Old 04-20-2008, 07:04 AM
Roy

Big C, I swapped an '84 305/700R4 into a '91RS FI V6. I first did the fuel pressure regulator thing to reduce the in tank fuel pump pressure supply to the carb down to 6psi. This works just fine, I wired the new pump to the fuse box so it operated any time the key was on.(From a safety standpoint this is not the best since if you are in an accident the fuel pump will continue to run and pump fuel out into the street if a line is severed (FIRE) this is why the factory has an oil pressure sensor connection. The pump will only operate if there is oil pressure (i.e. the engine is runnig). I did not like all the wiring that would have been involved and additional plumbing/fuel pressure regulator cluttering up my engine compartment. My preference is what I now have; mechanical pump. Bite the bullet like I did anddrop the fueltank, take it to your favorite shop and have the electrice pump removed and the pickup modified. Youwill need to plumb the fuel line to the pump and will want to elliminate the return fuel line the old FI system used.

Good luck, if you have any more questions just e-mail me at roysatikas@comcast.net or call 248-807-4056

Roy