I just got a '91 RS

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 03:03 AM
Default I just got a '91 RS

And I am planning on fixing it up to the max..... I am anticipating an engine swap after i get out of college, and totally tearing everything out and redoing it... .but for now I was looking for some fairly cost efficent ways to give it a little boost..... It is for the most part bone stock

It has a 305

and a K&N filter...

I am getting my cat cut off and having 3 inch pipe run to the back to a flow master

other than that it is bone stock i think. anyone have some suggestions? or Ideas? I plan on slapping the biggest engine i can possibly fit in there once i get out of college.... Suggestions on that would be appriciated as well. Thanks

Old 03-25-2007, 03:08 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I just got a '91 RS

Get some headers and a y-pipe. If its a TPI get a 58 mm trottle body. Also maybe some gears, 3.73s.

Old 03-25-2007, 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: 92camaroRS

Get some headers and a y-pipe. If its a TPI get a 58 mm trottle body. Also maybe some gears, 3.73s.

it isnt tpi but is there any certain headers you would recomend?

Old 03-25-2007, 01:31 PM
4th Gear Member

Why are you cutting the cat out?? You are not going to gain anything with the LO3 TBI and its stock 170 HP and it will not pass a Emission check. Also if you say your State dose not requireE- Check , well it is comming to your area.

Old 03-25-2007, 02:30 PM
2nd Gear member

since your wanting to do an engine swap later , don't do anything you can't use on the other engine. i'm guessing you want to do a 350 swap (hopfully with TPI not TBI) . so focus on things like headers , y-pipe , exhaust, a stall converter ,a shift kit, gears , limited slip , aluminum drive shaft , and other things that will get the most out of the current engine and will complement the engine youplan on swapping in. the mods listed above won't give you alot more hp, but will make it easier for the hp you have to get to the ground, and you will notice quite a gain in performance even with the 170HP 305.