High flow fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 09:11 PM
Default High flow fuel pump

well as it turns out, fixing your own stuff is cheaper, and easier

went to my friends dads place, took one of his camaro books, and found the power for the fuel pump, my friend tried running it manually, and the pump never even tried to turn on, there is no fuel in the lines, but the moment you shoot a lil ether into the tpi, it wants to crank over, it will crank over too.

the guy that worked on it for 300 bucks said he canged the fuel pump, relay, spark plugs, and replaced the whole distributor (he tried charging me 70 more for the distributor? I didn't pay the other 70) sooon as I left his palce, got 500 feet down the road and the car begins stalling, and stuff.

well anyways I'm going to get my money back, wheather he wants to fork it over or not, am prepared to take him to court, he never offered to fix it or anything, and the thing that got me, is me and my friend went to his shop and asked him what all he did to it, and he said well I changed the cap and the plug in the distributor, and changed the fuel pump???

I was a lil astonished, he'll get screwed. because of this everytime I know someone who needs a vehicle fixed I swing em out to my friends, not "family" friends.

so it boils down to a fuel pump, I'm def not cheaping out on it. My main question is is there any differeance at all if I get high flowfuel pump for it, compared to a stock one? I know if there is any increase in performance, it will be slight, but I want quality, and we are going to make a door under the trunk, gonna go google some proper instructions for making the whole, and the exact spot.

Old 01-19-2006, 11:35 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: High flow fuel pump

I would just put in a standard stock replacement pump. Hi flow are needed if you heavily modify the car, but they can also change pressure/flow characteristics that your car is used to and create as many problems as you solve.

Also replace the fuel filter when you replace the pump.

Old 01-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Default RE: High flow fuel pump

we cut a hole in top of the trunk, we had to make a decentlly big hole, but it's ok, I'm pretty handy with tin and making it mold to what i want.

the problem we are having is the fuel lines are copper, and they go under the left brace for the bottom of the trunk where the disconnects are

we have no idea how to get to the fuel lines without cutting the brace, or dropping the rear end, exhaust, and tank.

we have thought about cutting the fuel lines, but I am worried about pinching the ends of the copper shut, guys got any tricks to this?