help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Default help!

Ihave a 91 camaro 305 tbi.About two months agowhenever i would be driving around town running errands afterawhile my car wouldsound like it backfired andstart to die, when i pushed in the clutch it would come back to life but i would have to pull over andlet the car cool down before driving it again.When i bought the car i took the stock intake off and put anopen element on, when it started having problems inoticed that my air sensor thatplugs into the base of the aircleaner was laying down on my header. I plugged it back up and the problem wentaway,but now that i think about it the car was acting up during hot weather and when i fixed the air sensorthe weatherhad cooleddown some. Today the temp outside was 90 degrees and after i had been driving my car for awhileit had the same problem but this time it shutoff. I cranked it back up and started to move but as soon as i let the clutch out in second it did it again. Once again i let the car cool down and made it home fine, i have no clue what is causing this problem but if you have any idea i need all the help i can get. THANKS

Old 04-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: help!

Probably the sensor got messed up by sitting on top of the hot header. May want to try a new one, not expensive. Also check that the fuel lines are away from the headers, as the heat may induce vapor lock.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:16 PM

I dont remember about all the other times this happened but last time i noticed that the fuel was about on empty, im wondering if maybe when it is hot like that and the fuel is low that the fuel pump might be overheating, i dont know if that would cause the problem i am having though. I will look into the fuel lines, thanks for your input.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:16 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Good call pete, I would go with V-lock too. Havent seen it in a while though, specially on newer cars (mid 80's on) Do you get a engine warning light, have you looked up the codes?

Old 04-27-2007, 06:09 PM

no, no warning light