Fiberglass Hood

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008 | 09:20 AM
|
Default Fiberglass Hood

I recently purchased an SS style hood for my 86 Z28 for $359.00 and $150.00 shipping....I waited 2 weeks for them to get it and then a week for delivery.....what a pain in the a$$. I got the hood from a place called extreme dimensions out of california......I'm not at all impressed. The rear hinge bolt on the drivers side was an inch off and then I had to grind out the holes in the hinge for more adjustment to get it even close to lining up on the car and it still sits high even with the rear bump stops removed. Even after all this I still need to do bondo work on the hood to make it smooth enough for a good coat of paint. Overall I don't recomend buying any fiberglass parts from extreme dimensions and thats after they refunded me $100.00 for my trouble....which took them a week to decide while I waited to see what to do with the hood. The hoods currently in the Bondo stages and I'm gonna use it but it won't be anywhere near correct.

Old 05-22-2008 | 09:23 AM
March 2008 ROTM
Default RE: Fiberglass Hood

Bummer dude, thanks for the warning..

Old 05-22-2008 | 01:18 PM
Overdrive Member

Well at least you got $100. I got a cowl hood from Unlimited Products (up22) and after how they boast about thier quality I found it to be the biggest pile o ****e I have ever seen. I would have had to send it back to them, truck freight or course, to get my money back but I would have had to pay for shipping. So I kept it and showed it to others. I figure the sales they lost were worth it to me. They lost a few sales by my advice.

Old 05-22-2008 | 02:48 PM
March 2008 ROTM

whats a good place to get one? like a 2 or 2 1/2 inch raise? im considering it just for looks. But ill prolly end up sticking with the IROC hood. looks so sweet! lol

Old 05-22-2008 | 08:49 PM
August 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Jegs has a nice 3" fiberglass cowl hood: http://www.jegs.com/p/Harwood/745278/10002/-1/10655

Old 05-22-2008 | 08:55 PM
May 2007 ROTM

ORIGINAL: MadMikeZ28

Well at least you got $100. I got a cowl hood from Unlimited Products (up22) and after how they boast about thier quality I found it to be the biggest pile o ****e I have ever seen. I would have had to send it back to them, truck freight or course, to get my money back but I would have had to pay for shipping. So I kept it and showed it to others. I figure the sales they lost were worth it to me. They lost a few sales by my advice.
Mike, are you sure that you don't like up22?
After an A$$ chewing from mike I went with a Harwood...from jegs and it is amazing, well worth the extra $ . the underside has a show finish, like a black mirror. there was verry little I needed to trim. Harwood is the only way to go.

Old 05-22-2008 | 09:38 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: 74454bb

After an A$$ chewing from mike I went with a Harwood...from jegs and it is amazing, well worth the extra $ . the underside has a show finish, like a black mirror. there was verry little I needed to trim. Harwood is the only way to go.
Good man! I will now stop saying some of the bad things I say about you.
If you want fiberglass Harwood is the way to go. If you want steel then Goodmark is pretty good.

Old 05-24-2008 | 11:41 AM
August 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Which is what the link I posted is

Old 05-24-2008 | 07:04 PM
May 2007 ROTM

If you want fiberglass Harwood is the way to go. If you want steel then Goodmark is pretty good.
Who are you kidding, you'll still say all the bad stuf
Yes the jegs one is awsome, make sure to get the show finish hood.

Old 05-24-2008 | 07:42 PM
Overdrive Member

Who are you kidding, you'll still say all the bad stuf
Yes the jegs one is awsome, make sure to get the show finish hood.
Yeah, You just know me tooo well.

Quick Reply: Fiberglass Hood