Exhaust setups

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Stock manifolds and the factory cat. That exhaust has no effect on emissions, only sound.
Whether or not L.A. allows a muffler delete, I can't answer that.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:41 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I also live in CA so I know how SMOG can be. I run the stock manifolds and Y pipe into a 3” Magnaflow cat with a 3” Flowmaster American Thunder cat back including the 80 series cross flow muffler .Its leading out with two “cut back” 3” tips. Some like the sound of the Flowmaster and some don't. Personally I would not run any thing else.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:36 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by ronusmc
I also live in CA so I know how SMOG can be. I run the stock manifolds and Y pipe into a 3” Magnaflow cat with a 3” Flowmaster American Thunder cat back including the 80 series cross flow muffler .Its leading out with two “cut back” 3” tips. Some like the sound of the Flowmaster and some don't. Personally I would not run any thing else.
Do you think you could post a video of the sound? Ive heard a few flowmaster sounds on youtube and im still a little iffy abou them Thanks a lot.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:10 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I don't have a video of mine but I found this one. I think it gives off the Flowmaster 80 series sound clearly enough at least its fairly close to mine.

Last edited by ronusmc; 01-05-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:21 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

I wonder if that car had headers and no cat? That's louder than my muffler delete system was, at probably one third the cost.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I did some reading and from what Ive been able to piece together its a stock system other than the intake and the after market cat and of course the muffler. It has 2.5” piping including the tips.As far as being loud ,I agree it is loud but when you stand next to mine at idle/wot its also loud. Flowmaster says its “Aggressive exterior sound with noticeable interior resonance .”and that I most definitely agree with.

Last edited by ronusmc; 01-05-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I did some reading and from what Ive been able to piece together its a stock system other than the intake and the after market cat and of course the muffler. It has 2.5” piping including the tips.As far as being loud ,I agree it is loud but when you stand next to mine at idle/wot its also loud. Flowmaster says its “Aggressive exterior sound with noticeable interior resonance .”and that I most definitely agree with.
Those flow masters do sound pretty good, is the engine in the video fuel injected? And if it is how much will the sound differ from a carbed car like mine.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:48 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Its a 4bbl . Ive read through all the information I could find and all he says is it a 5.0 with a Edelbrock high rise intake “?” with a Weiand intake manifold.
Many factors come into play with each exhaust system that dictates what sound you will end up with. The Flowmaster 80 series will still have the basic Flowmaster sound but that can vary from car to car because of the way each car is set up .
Camaro 69 mentioned some very large changes that could have made a difference.

Last edited by ronusmc; 01-06-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:25 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Its a 4bbl . Ive read through all the information I could find and all he says is it a 5.0 with a Edelbrock high rise intake “?” with a Weiand intake manifold.
Many factors come into play with each exhaust system that dictates what sound you will end up with. The Flowmaster 80 series will still have the basic Flowmaster sound but that can vary from car to car because of the way each car is set up .
Camaro 69 mentioned some very large changes that could have made a difference.
Sound similar to my iroc. I have a Holley contender high rise intake on mine. Been a lot of help thanks! I'll try to post a video of mine when I get it done hopefully next week! Thanks again.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:19 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Nice.

Last edited by ronusmc; 01-06-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Exhaust setups