Exhaust setups

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 12:45 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Exhaust setups

I've noticed there's not much room under the car to get too crazy with exhaust setups. Some ideas of your guys' cars would be helpful, brand, setups, etc. I have a carbed 305 with stock manifolds Videos would be awesome! I also have a pair of ceramic coated headers on hand but not very motivated to install them lol. Thanks.

Last edited by Paul86iroc; 12-27-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:16 AM
3rd Gear Member

Intake, Headers, and Exhaust
Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here. This section is at the beginning of the forum. Maybe it will help.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:50 AM
4th Gear Member

hedman shorty headers fit. Long tubes are a pain but can be done and then a a hedman y pipe and any catback you like

more than enough flow for what you have

Old 12-27-2012, 09:25 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Edwardgp
Intake, Headers, and Exhaust
Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here. This section is at the beginning of the forum. Maybe it will help.
Yeah mostly looking forward to exhaust muffler-wise. I already have the intake down and I'm too lazy to put the headers on. Maybe in the future lol.

How about exhaust setups mostly for sound?

Old 12-27-2012, 09:27 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
hedman shorty headers fit. Long tubes are a pain but can be done and then a a hedman y pipe and any catback you like

more than enough flow for what you have
My headers are a pair of mids. How about strictly muffler systems? I'm not really looking for flow. Just sound. I know that more flow=better sound but I'm just looking for some good sound for the time being.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:24 PM
3rd Gear Member

You can also go on u-tube and listen to different exhaust systems.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:40 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Paul86iroc
Yeah mostly looking forward to exhaust muffler-wise. I already have the intake down and I'm too lazy to put the headers on. Maybe in the future lol.

How about exhaust setups mostly for sound?

I'm confused because in one post you say you're too lazy to put on headers and then you say you already have them.

Anyway, youtube is your friend as there are a gazillion exhaust clips because the proverbial exhaust horse has been beaten good and dead

Old 12-28-2012, 09:29 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
I'm confused because in one post you say you're too lazy to put on headers and then you say you already have them.

Anyway, youtube is your friend as there are a gazillion exhaust clips because the proverbial exhaust horse has been beaten good and dead
Sorry about that! I meant I have them as I have them on hand in my garage.

Yeah I've been on YouTube for quite a while and I mostly see fuel injected 3 rd gens or 350's should my stock carbed 305 sound around the same as those or will the sound be a lot different?

Old 12-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

This is what I put on my old 91 RS/305. Muffler, you don't need no stinkin' muffler! It sounded great when you put the foot down, yet almost whisper quiet when cruising down the highway.

Name:  Exhaust_Complete.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  25.7 KB

Old 12-29-2012, 12:10 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
This is what I put on my old 91 RS/305. Muffler, you don't need no stinkin' muffler! It sounded great when you put the foot down, yet almost whisper quiet when cruising down the highway.

I wish I could straight pipe mine like that but I live in L.A. so smog is a little strict.

We're you running stock exhaust manifolds or headers?

Quick Reply: Exhaust setups