Engine Decisions

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 02:54 AM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: Engine Decisions

So then what's a search ENGINE? Search train motor lol? So why are we called motor heads? Why do they call them MOTOR mounts?

Old 01-10-2007, 02:56 AM
3rd Gear Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine
Motor

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[/align]Jump to: navigation, search[/align]

[/align][/align]Look up motor in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.[/align][/align]

[/align][/align]
Energy Portal[/align]Types of motors include:
[*]Electric motor, a machine that converts electricity into a mechanical motion[*]Thermodynamic motor or heat engine, a machine that converts heat into mechanical motion[*]Molecular motors, the essential agents of movement in living organisms[*]Pneumatic motor, a machine that converts the energy of compressed air into mechanical motion[*]Hydraulic motor a machine that converts the energy of pressurized liquid flow into mechanical motion.[*]Synthetic molecular motors or nanomotors [/ul]
Motor may also refer to:
[*]an engine
[*]Motor car or automobile [*]Motor vehicle [/ul][*]Motor system, the physiological system that is responsible for physical movement
[*]Motor neuron, neurons that originate in the spinal cord and synapse with muscle fibers[*]Motor skill, the ability of an organism to use the motor system effectively [/ul][/ul][/align]

Old 01-10-2007, 03:32 AM
Overdrive Member

Yeah I looked in wikepedia after my post but then thought "what for? were just farting around". Well at least I was.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:22 AM
In the Staging Lanes

lol. I was messing around too...

Old 01-11-2007, 01:16 AM
2nd Gear member

THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT PERIOD. QED

Old 01-11-2007, 02:58 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT PERIOD. QED
Sure there is. Its called TECHNOLOGY.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:24 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Even a modestly tuned 350 will smoke a 305 parts dollar for dollar any day...I have an '84 that I'm putting a 350 in...best decision I ever made.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:13 PM
3rd Gear Member

if you are talking about "stock" engines. you are wasting your money for 15 extra horsepower. people exagerate the difference between a "stock" 305 and "stock" 350. the 305 can make just as much horsepower but,you will spend a few more bucks in doing so. to some the few bucks isn't a big deal. to some it will cause a major pain in the pocket. the truth is most people believe what they read and really don't have any experience with the 305. why someone would spew out crap they have no idea about i don't know but, it happens. personally i think its a conspiracy LMAO. Sick

Old 01-20-2007, 07:17 PM
In the Staging Lanes

There are things to watch out for, like 1 or 2 piece rear main seal. The engine will bolt up but the oil pan will have to be changed. You will have to get rid of your ecm and find one for the generation of the engine. Go with the 350, you will not be disappointed, coming from someone who is looking for one to swap as well. Do the research and footwork yourself, you will take much more pride in it. BEST OF LUCK!!!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-21-2007, 01:37 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Alright, thanks everyone. You guys put out a lot of good informationthat hasdefinately helped me out.

Quick Reply: Engine Decisions