Dogging on the Third Gen Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 12:40 AM
March '09 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default ******* on the Third Gen Camaro

I live in Idaho and just like any other car nut out there I go to the car shows to check out what is new and to see some cool cars. Last year I went to our annual car show here and asked question about the third gen Camaro simple questions that most people would like to know and I got some good feed back from most of the venders that were there, one of my main question were about the car clubs in the area, something that I am interested in.

Here is what pissed me off when I went to talk the guy at the booth, for organization that sponsored the show and almost all the show in the area, also almost all the car clubs in Idaho about a club form my type of car I was told basically told that the third gen Camaro is not considered a hot rod or a classic[sm=smiley22.gif], but that its was made to be an economical car, in other words it is a gas saver, throw away car[sm=WTFsgign.gif], and he said I should look in to joining one of the tuner clubs in the area. Bull#$*![sm=icon_flaming.gif]. I ask him what the difference was between my car and his and what the definition for a Hot Rod was[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]. He got up and walked away. Here is the definition of a Hot Rod short and simple ``Any vehicle that has been modified to enhance its performance’’ That is a Hot Rod[sm=proof.gif], as far as being a classic the state keeps on pushing the age limit out on that one. I did find a club that I joined a few months ago but since then that club has given up, the only Chevy club in Idaho that I can find that was for all the years quit[&o], can you believe that carp[sm=rant.gif].
So one, has anybody else ever taken carp for owning a third or forth generation Camaro and that it was just a throw away car. And two, dose anybody know of a club in Idaho for a Chevy or Camaro that is newer than a 1978.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:59 AM
March 2008 ROTM
Default RE: ******* on the Third Gen Camaro

ALL third gens get crap. Mostly "mullet". But ive never heard of it being a gas saver or a throw away car.. The v6 and even i4 MAYBE, but NONE of the v8's were that great on gas. even thought 305 was buildt to have "Power" and gas mileage... we all know how that ended up..

Old 02-23-2008, 07:45 AM
2nd Gear member

dude my 160 hp 305 smokes all the "tuners" around here. it prolly has about 190 from mods but still[&:]. i get less than 17 mpg. thats really efficient. call him a retard for me. and probly everyone else here.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:02 AM
1st Gear Member

I have a good friend that drives a slammed Volvo of all things, and when I got my z28 he asked if I was getting a mullet wig too. Other than that I don't get a whole lot of crap. Most people really like my car. It gets credit from a lot of people for being a "cool" muscle car or sports car, but at this point most people wouldn't consider it a classic so I don't take it to shows. Maybe in 5 or 10 years. Oh and I raced the guy with the Volvo. I won, and now he's doing further modifications to his turbo and wants a rematch afterward.

As for the 3rd gens, I like them a lot. They may have been the coolest non-exotic cars from their era becauseI think they look better than the 80's Corvettes and the Mustangs were just plain ugly. Maybe a Grand National would be nicer but thay are more rare and have those complicated turbos. Anyway, I think3rd genslook better than 2nd gens and if it can do a 1/4 mile in the 14's then it's a legit muscle car too in my book.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:09 PM
March '09 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I have taken this car to shows that happen every two weeks in the summer that anybody can join if they have a car. It dose not matter what shape it is in or what year just that it is a car and at least a quarter of the cars that show up are brand new mustang’s. At the show most of the people that I meet my age or younger like the car and or are working on one them self’s the older group don’t like it because one the color or two the body style. I don’t really care what they think about it, it is my car. The do get a kick out of seeing the future gearhead’s the little kid loving it. My daughter love’s to ride in it and she like’s to help me keep it clean. She also likes to go to the shows to take pic’s of her favorite cars. The only ***** that I have is the car club’s in the northwest region are all about the 72 or older cars 78 because they have to, bylaws. For the past ten years all you ever see are the same damn cars every year who wants to go see that kind of crap every show. I would like to go to one of the major car show and see cars that came out when I was still in school and that most people can afford to buy and work on just to see what they have done what mod’s they have add and so on. That is what I like about this forum everybody loves these car and they a enthusiastic about them. The only thing that is missing is the visual aspect of seeing other Third Gen Camaro’s in person.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:21 AM
1st Gear Member

We will just have to invade them with 3rd gens. won't we. Mine isn't much to look at.......yet :P

Vince

Old 02-24-2008, 02:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes

YEAH MINE LOOKS LIKE **** TOO BUT I BOUGHT IT LIKE THAT AS A PROJECT AND IM GETTIN MY 400 FOR IT TONIGHT. BUT DONT GET DISCOURAGED JUST START ONE ON UR OWN WITH SOME FRIENDS IN THE AREA THAT LIKE THE IDEA AND HAVE THE SAME GEN CAR. GO LEGIT AND BLOW EVERYONE ELSE AWAY.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes

No disrespect meant but 3rd gen's are "tweener" cars right now. Meaning they aren't quite yet old enough to gather attention but too new to be considered cutting edge. Happens with every make of car from every manufacture whenever they change body styles. If/When the new Camaros come about and every one has lost that new car excitement over them, the 3rd gens will start to pick up in popularity and the 4th gens will become the tweeners. Same thing happened to the 1st gens and 2nd gens when the new body style rolled out.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:08 PM
March 2008 ROTM

yea, its gona happen. 20 year old cars arent exacltly considerd something cool to most people. They want the late 60's or fairly new cars. Even the 2nd gen f-bodys are just starting to get popular again. Give the 3rd gen another 10 or so years and its popularity will grow as well. But as for now, my non-popular third gen will continue to kick rustang ***! lol

Old 02-24-2008, 10:13 PM
March '09 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Starting a Camaro / trans am / firebird club in Idaho sound’s pretty good and I have thought about it. I just don’t know were to start, any idea’s would be cool.

Gvmv you keep working on that Camaro and it will look cool soon since you are from the area you know what show I am talking about since it starts on the 6th of march. My Camaro looked real bad when it was started, 10 years later and it’s still a work in progress if there is any question or part’s you are looking for just PM me and I will see if I can help.