Does anyone know....

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 08:41 AM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

i used this on my previous dd. Hayden Automotive 3647 - Hayden Electric Fan Controls - Overview - SummitRacing.com
now with the radiator probe, the "on" temperature will fluctuate. sitting in place, i had the fan set to turn on around 190-195. but because of it being a radiator probe, the fan wouldn't turn on until about 200-205 when driving. thats fine though because it never really got that hot while driving. the also have a wire that you can either hook up to a switch and use it as a manual override, or hook it up to your a/c clutch to turn the fan on with the a/c.

Last edited by microkid; 07-25-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by microkid
i used this on my previous dd. Hayden Automotive 3647 - Hayden Electric Fan Controls - Overview - SummitRacing.com
now with the radiator probe, the "on" temperature will fluctuate. sitting in place, i had the fan set to turn on around 190-195. but because of it being a radiator probe, the fan wouldn't turn on until about 200-205. thats fine though because it never really got that hot while driving. the also have a wire that you can either hook up to a switch and use it as a manual override, or hook it up to your a/c clutch to turn the fan on with the a/c.
Alright, I get it now. The block will give a better consistant reading than a radiator. Makes sense.