Carb help and smoke smoke smoke.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 09:22 AM
1st Gear Member

how come sneaky is coming back all educated is read that bla-bla 40 times like I said we are on the same page is I can back up my abstract is bring yours so we can smoke it out the pipe or it is clean as mine is no smoke being said here is know your Otto-cycle if you are going to play in the TECH you right UP.

Guys would rather me to shut up is close their shops. I spill the beans too in the abstract and now tell me you rather hear this Monty guy I am so going down to his place is face to face.

Really, if you want to help sneak with a very-very BIG problem is yes you do, sneak. That start up in the morning are valve guides and new oil seals that will not help is I have the air to keep the chamber loaded with the valves hanging without springs or keepers.

Yes, little plastic sleeves that come with the valve seal pack is pack both guides with 16 seals and she is going to leak is the band-aid fix on the worn guide pulling the rubbber away is the gap the oil can be sucked into is my text.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:24 AM
2nd Gear member

It may last a long time like that. I had an old 78 cobra mustang that had a lot of blow by and I drove it for a long time. but after I rebuilt it, it had A LOT more power. If you could do it yourself, you could get a rering kit and rod and mains for under $300 and do it on the weekend.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:35 AM
2nd Gear member

I think he's talking about valve seals too. When it smokes when you first start it up and then quits smoking, that is usually valve seals. You can run one forever like that. But "blow by" i believe, is usually rings. I may be wrong, I'm no expert but thats always been the case for me.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jjz28
It may last a long time like that. I had an old 78 cobra mustang that had a lot of blow by and I drove it for a long time. but after I rebuilt it, it had A LOT more power. If you could do it yourself, you could get a rering kit and rod and mains for under $300 and do it on the weekend.
Thanks ya I been driving her for a while with the smoking its pretty embarressing, but i guess I can manage for a while longer and long as she lasts.

I got about 150 saved up so far. the oil is pretty black after about 3 weeks, and I dont even driver her that far each day prolly about 25 miles a day or less. Could you link me up with some parts I'll need from summitracing or jegs?
its specs are camaro z28 305 H.O. 5.0 year 1984

I was going to sea foam her today before I went to my nans. Would that be a bad idea? like would it maybe clean it out making the oil go past the seals easier.

Last edited by Mesosneaky; 06-07-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:45 AM
2nd Gear member

i wouldnt seafoam it. Probably just make it worse.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:46 AM
1st Gear Member

i wouldnt seafoam it. Probably just make it worse.
Alright I bought it yesterday thinking maybe it would clean it out and stop smoking but after these ideas of the problem. I thought the same thing too lol.

Is this what I need? or something similair.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...0&autoview=sku

or this?
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...0&autoview=sku

Last edited by Mesosneaky; 06-07-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:56 AM
2nd Gear member

I dont know how to link stuff, but i looked up the rering kit at summit. It also comes with rod and main bearings for 153.39. The part number is, Federal Mogul 205-6286M000. I would probably get a new oil pump and timing chain too but you dont have to. Its a pretty big job, but it can be fun and you will learn a lot.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:03 AM
2nd Gear member

The second one is pistons and oil pump, basically everything for a complete rebuild. That would be the way to go if you had the money, but you really dont need the pistons unless your block needs to be bored. you would get more power to bore your block .030 and get that kit with .030 pistons and rings. I tell you the truth, I would find me a 350 and drop in it. You can probably find a 350 for as cheap as you could build that one and you will definately feel the difference in power. Actually you probably wouldnt get any less fuel mileage either since you would have more power and take less throttle to move the car.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:05 AM
1st Gear Member

I dont know how to link stuff, but i looked up the rering kit at summit. It also comes with rod and main bearings for 153.39. The part number is, Federal Mogul 205-6286M000. I would probably get a new oil pump and timing chain too but you dont have to. Its a pretty big job, but it can be fun and you will learn a lot.
ya looks like a very big job abit intemidating. So far I changed starter, coil, altenator, valve covers, brakes, oil, and full exhaust. So think I can pull that off in 2 days? saturday-sunday? wake up early and work till night? Is that an actually engine rebuild? Like what you pay 2 grand at the shop for them to do?

Last edited by Mesosneaky; 06-07-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:09 AM
2nd Gear member

you could do it in 2 days, but the thing is, you wouldn't know if it needed bored or not until you got the engine out. more than likely, it wouldnt need bored since all it does is smoke. If you were to get a 350, then you could just swap them out. It would be a lot faster.

Quick Reply: Carb help and smoke smoke smoke.