Camaro/Firebird Interior

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 06:26 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Camaro/Firebird Interior

I have been thinking about completely restoring the interior of my '91 RS for some time now, and always thought that the tan color in the third gens looks the best. Well today I came across a set of tan seats for a 1989 firebird for $550. As stated in the ad they are in near mint condition. So no im thinking I should completly gut my interior and start collecting tan interior parts (there isn't one interior peice in my car that isn't either ripped or stained). I would plan on getting the seats from the guy locally, then carpet kit, headliner and prabably door panels off the internet and pick through parts cars for the plastic trim, a nice dash and misc parts. Just wondering what you guys think about this idea, am i just digging myself too deep here? I really like this car and don't mind spending my money on it, and my interior as it is right now is just embarrasing. Also, anyone know if theese seats will work in my car? I would like to keep the seats the same style, it says split rear seat which mine I dont think are but can live with that just as long as they will work.. And what are air bladder seats? Is that what i have right now?

Here's the ad:
http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/7662061

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:03 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Camaro/Firebird Interior

They are on the expensive side even if it is in Canadian dollars. I would look for 4th Gen seats in the $300 range. All 3rd & 4th gen Camaro/Firebird seats will bolt right in and are inter-changeable. Split rear seats require a mouting mod if you now have the bench rear seat.
Picture of 95 Z28 seats in my 1987 IROC-Z.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:06 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Wow those really look nice in your 87, i think thats what ill do, but what are they like to sit in? My seats although stained are very comfortable how do they compare to 4th gen?

Old 01-10-2009, 08:26 PM
4th Gear Member

I had the custom cloth seats and the 4th Gen seats are more comfortable then the old ones. Also, more adjustments.