bushed out looking

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 11:14 PM
Default bushed out looking

I'm having trouble locating any one who makes rear polly sway bar bushings and link kits for my 92 1le.the problem is my bar is 23mm.I can get the regulare size ones from all aftermaket supplyers but not the 23mm pollyurathan.Has any one alse had this problem?. any help would be great

Old 01-02-2007, 02:52 AM
Default RE: bushed out looking

Try http://www.fbodymotorsports.com/Energy_Suspension.

I am having the same problem finding them for my '92 5.7L Z28. I do not have 1LE listed in my RPO codes, but just measured the front and rear sway bars and they appear to be 36mm and 23mm. I was hoping to verify my bar sizes using my RPO/parts codes before ordering. From what I have been able to find on the internet, these are the sizes that come with the 1LE package. My car's build sheet shows the stabilizer bars having codes "DJ" (front) and "N" (rear), but I can't find descriptions for these codes anywhere on the internet.Three ofmy end link bushings are completely missing on the front, and one is missing from the back. Needless to say, things area little loose.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:45 AM
Overdrive Member

The end links are the same no mater what package or size the bar is. I had a huge swy bar off a T/A on my Camaro. I used a caliper to measure the size. You can also used the open end of a wrench. I found a size that was just a bit smaller and that makes it a tight fit.It was acctualy the SAE equevalant to the metric size.

Old 01-03-2007, 01:59 AM

Thanks MadMikeZ28. I actuallyused an old-fashionedcaliper (i.e.no built-in precision dial/scale)to measure my sway bars near the center (left to right), but noticed they varied slightly depending on where I measured them. When I returned to my web search for the poly kits, I noticed they sell a rear kit for 19mm, 23mm (what I thought I had) AND 24mm. Seeing how close these are, I started to doubt what I really measured, and was hoping to verify my sizes using RPOs or part codes from my car's build sheet. I was concerned with the sizes because I would like to get a kit that includes both the end links and the frame bushings. The frame bushingsand completet kitsrequire a size when ordering.

All of theresearch has me wondering what I really have because I seem to have a lot of the parts (larger than usual sway bars, rear disc brakes, etc.) that seem to come with the 1LE, but I do not have the 1LE. I am the original owner, and the car is almost 100% stock- the exceptions have been a few things I have had to replace (e.g. rubberbrake lines replaced by braided stainless steel ones, original rotors about to be replaced with slotted ones, and rubber bushings about to be replaced with poly ones).

Anyway, I'm getting off the original topic eventhough I just noticedtonight that the post I replied to was posted almost 9 months ago. Thanks for the reply and info.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Overdrive Member

OH Dang that was an old post!