best place for parts ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008 | 02:27 PM
|
Default best place for parts ???

Hi all I am nearly finished getting my IROCz Camaro done just need headlining a rear light and a few other bits to finish of?? age84 kindly suggested Classic Industries.

just when the parts cost
$473.29

and the shipping to the UK is
$869.55

its a bit expensiveon shipping, just wondered if any one can suggest another company to try
picture from recent road trip to Belgium .. Italy next year

Old 09-23-2008 | 05:27 PM
March '09 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: best place for parts ???

So is that what they wanted to charge for shippingfor a headlinernow that sucks. well i got my headliner from http://www.hawksthirdgen.com and it was no were near what that headliner cost with shipping.i did checkhawks first but they had no international shipping listed on the headliners. but i do know that mine was shipped from the factory not from hawksyou could always give them a call a see if they could help you.

Old 09-23-2008 | 06:41 PM
|
Default RE: parts ??? Project :-)

Thanks for looking age 84... I may have to go with it although I will talk to the main supplier of American car parts in the UK, OCW tomorrow see what they can do.. He said he would try a bit harder than before, I hope .... As he would get better deals, as shipping all the time.

any way thought id post some pictures of the project, the climate over in the UK is not best suited to American car's and the pervious owner didn’t keep it undercover. Witch was a shame, but I learnt a lot from the project.

Old 09-23-2008 | 10:16 PM
March '09 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Your car looks real good what have you done so far and what are your plans for it in the future

Old 09-24-2008 | 04:36 AM
|

Just the body work and solving the random cut out and service engine soon light from flashing, was the fuel regulator in the end, ..

It is only a 5.0 TPI , but I am looking at a recon engine to be fitted its from GM and a company in the UK fit of cause it’s the 5.7 J , or just looking at giving it a bit more power, and finishing of the inside. , but the problem I have is sourcing parts, service items and smaller parts are easy its just the big stuff L..

And err .. driving it, I am planning on taken it around Europe holidays and getting away from the UK weather. Yes its raining at the moment L

Old 09-24-2008 | 11:16 PM
March 2008 ROTM

car looks really good. sorry i didnt get to post before but im having LOADS of problems signing on to the site.

ive found a lot of harder to find parts in a year one catalog. yearone.com is pretty good for at least finding the name and size of a lot of the parts you need, but are a bit high priced. but you can use the knowledge gained from that to your advantage and find what you need cheaper somewhere else.

Old 09-27-2008 | 06:22 PM
|
Default 305 Rebuild ?? or 350

Thanks for the advice i will look at the yearone catalog,

hope you don't mind me asking what you would suggest ? I have an option to get my 305 engine rebuilt with custom heads or recommendations received. or 350 fitted. ?? what would you recommend, i have read on the site that the 305 engine is harder for performance but the rebuild is cheaper.. or is it 350 all the way . Thanks

Old 09-28-2008 | 01:36 AM
March 2008 ROTM
Default RE: 305 Rebuild ?? or 350

as far as the engine, it all depends what your looking for. what do YOU want out of the motor?

Old 09-28-2008 | 02:43 PM
|

Well it would be nice to have a bit more acceleration, but the main reason is i think the, valve stem oil seals are gone + it just needs a bit of TLC as a little smoke when you first start. and a very slight oil smell.

Old 09-28-2008 | 07:25 PM
August 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Well remember it is an american muscle car, not a european econo, haha. Looks real good. Depending on what is available to you over there, a 350 is the best way to go. You can swap in a 350 and really the only things you would need would be the engine and injectors from a 350, other than that everything would swap right over.

Quick Reply: best place for parts ???