Best place to buy T-Tops?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Default Best place to buy T-Tops?

Where is a good place (internet or shop) to find a set of T-Tops for a 3rd Gen camaro? Thanks!

Old 01-10-2009, 11:39 AM
August 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: Best place to buy T-Tops?

What year do you own? I have a set that will fit 82-86 (hook style.) If you have a 87-92, you will have the pin style.

My set isnt in show condition, but the glass is in good shape and will work/look fine. Shoot me an offer if you're interested.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

My 91 had the cheap plastic tops, but they don't look great with having checks and scratches.
I picked up a real nice pair of glass ones at a swap meet last year for $40 ($50 including the factory bag). The guy also had another pair and I regret not getting those too to resell on flebay.
My plastic tops are sitting in the garage, I consider them to be "better than a hole in the roof" quailty!
If you have the pin type like mine, there are two sized pins, large and small. If you have small pins now, the small and large pin tops will work. The outer portion of the large pins on the tops are spring loaded and will collapse to expose the small pin. If you have large pins now, you need to use large pin tops. Or you can use small pin tops if you currently have large, but you'll have to swap out the front and rear pin receivers.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:58 PM

I have a 91 RS. I'm not sure if they are big or small pin holes because I don't know what to compare it too. I would say they are just smaller than a dime. I would have to go out and measure the diameter, which I will do in a few minutes. I already have a set on them, its just they are ugly. Dark, but doesn't look tinted, looks like some coating or paint on top. You can hardly see through them and what you can see is just blurry.

I would like to find a set that is clear glass and has very few, if any scratches on them.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Yours should be the same as mine. The large pin is about 3/4" in dia. and you can see a hole in the end where the small pin is. With the top off and in the latched position, you can push the outer pin in and see the small one. I'm guessing yours may be plastic as well? The way you describe your tops is how mine look, they look sort of blistery on the outside. If yours are plastic and you get glass ones, you're going to need to readjust the front and back receivers that are on the car to tighten the tops down more. The plastic tops have a frame around them but the glass ones don't, which actually makes the glass tops thinner.