Anybody got a source for a front bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 01:45 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default Anybody got a source for a front bumper?

Im gonna bounce this off you guys again and see if I can get some hits. I think IM gonna need a new front bumper skin for my 82 Z28. Ebay has a guy selling new (close to 200 bucks after shipping) and all the online 3rd gen stores Ive been to all seem to either be sold out or want as much as a new one will cost me. Any ideas? Anybody got one they want to get rid of?

Old 01-14-2007, 02:34 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Anybody got a source for a front bumper?

Your best bet would be to go to a junk yard and see if you can find one of the correct color, and if it's in good shape, it can be alot cheaper and easier than new. I got one for my 86 about 4 years ago at a pull your own parts yard for $30, and it was the right color and style to match the one it was replacing.

Old 01-14-2007, 05:11 PM
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, and Santa Clause might bring me one also! Seriously, I went to the BIGGEST junk yard in central NY the other day and they didnt have a SINGLE 3rd gen Camaro around. 15 rows of GM's and not a single Camaro! I wish I had never tried to take the nose off and strip it.

Old 01-14-2007, 05:14 PM
2nd Gear member

Seriously? That sucks... What color do you need? I'm heading to Crazy Ray's (best damn junkyard ever) next weekend, and I can keep a look out for you. Last time I was there, they had about a dozen 3rd gens there, several with pretty good body parts.

Old 01-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Overdrive Member

Are there no local aftermarket suppiers aound there?

Old 01-15-2007, 12:03 AM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

what color is your car? i know a great condition 84 base model that is green. the car is in great shape, i guess no one wanted it. only had some minor rust on the rear fenders when it came in. now the hood is messed up, the interior has been gutted (i did the gauges), and things have been pulled off the engine.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:04 AM
3rd Gear Member

Color doesnt matter! Its getting painted! Is the car a Z28? If it is, let me know how I can get in touch with these people or how I can get that nose....

Aftermarket suppliers? Other than Vato Zone, Poop Boys and Unadvanced Auto, Im stuck with looking online. Even the parts stores are filled with dimwits! My 82 has a th350 tranny (it was obviously replaced at some point) and when I tell them to look up parts they just cant comprehend it. Lord help me when I drop the 350 in it this summer........."But sir, a 350 isnt an option, you must mean 305....."

Old 01-15-2007, 02:14 AM
1st Gear Member

i got a 87 sc bumper

Old 01-15-2007, 06:27 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

im not positive that it is a z28, but i doubt it. there is another junkyard a few more miles that has a dozen third gens, many of them are tpi's and iroc's though. heres a link to them: http://www.chazsauto.com/

Old 01-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Overdrive Member

Not the aftermarket like Crapa. I mean auto body parts. Loacaly there is levans and carro pacific. They sell hoods, fenders, tail lights, Bumpers, bumper covers, door shells, moldings,.......I could check but since the size is so big it may be expensive to ship to you being I am in California.

Quick Reply: Anybody got a source for a front bumper?