1986 2.8l w sunroof cuts out road

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 08:23 AM
Default 1986 2.8l w sunroof cuts out road

OK I have a 1986 V6 2.8 L Camaro and the gentleman I obtained from head bought it and let it sit for a year . Why get a chance to check out the title because I was forced to register it for him and that's what I paid for it well the previous owner obtained it into thousand six and then receive the title in 2015 so I'm led to believe that this car did a lot of sitting. Well I change spark plugs put a new battery and once I get got it haul my total home . got it fire up for me pretty easily call when ahead and did the spark plug wires and distributor cap drained all the fluid Fargo oil and I thought I had drained all the Buhl little did I know I didn't know what I was doing . See I thought that the fuel gauge was just stuck at full had to be right at couple times where I just had a hard time starting it and I had a little bit if you want start up for me made sense . Well I'm sitting here trying to fill it up because I think I put too much seafoam when I get all my fluid change . So I had about a gallon or less and **** start backfilling out.
Well the guy who gave it to me when he bought it he was told something about it needed new spider injectors and they were supposed to cause thousand dollars . What's far as I know spider injectors or something in their imagination but I hear that I might be over exaggerating . This car has a sunroof and I have done the little looking and cannot find that this year model had that option also there is some kind of security system underneath the driver side – it's a long rod has a key on it black box there is a cable that runs to underneath the hood I think it locks the hood from being lifted and then there's also some sort of power cable . The damn thing had a crossing guard that would say this car is backing up attention this car is backing up whenever the car was put into reverse . I see that the dash panel is missing some of the screws and it's obviously been taking apart the stereo is missing. Now they're in the back I haven't been able to open it because they didn't have the door keys but there is a doughnut tire and is really different Jack from anything I've ever seen member 1984 so I'm 30 years old . The jack it did like a ratchet a number but I had Abigal rod that stuck out was kind of cool give some support and some neat that I had like. The jack it did like a ratchet a number but it had Abigal rod that stuck out was kind of cool give it some support and some neat. Now the car reads 11,000 some odd miles . And from the title that's what it's read since the last person got it in 2thousand
six . Now the body is in really good shape no rust couple small bits here and there all the headlights in class except for the stupid sunroof are all intact no damage the paint it looks really good except for somebody took some blue something and smeared on one side I haven't even washed it off the motor it looks good sounds good when it idols. now the body is in really good shape no rust couple small bits here and there all the headlights in glass except for the stupid sunroof are all intact no damage the paint it looks really good except for somebody took some blue something and smeared on one side I haven't even washed it off yet the motor it looks good sounds good when it idols . There's like a small leak where the exhaust connects to the tailpipes there's a U-boat there any leaks right there little bit makes a funny noise . The interior is in decent shape except for they let it sit outside in the sun in the rain and there's a little piece of plastic on the underside of this damn sunroof that is protecting it from the elements and we live in northwest Kansas . How's far as I know the speedometer works and there's three little gauges that do not seem to work on my turn signals work the bright light works I know this check engine light works the brake light works now there is a part of me that thinks this car is almost still knew somebody bought it added these couple of things thinking they were cool and upsellIng it. I'm thinking that they just let it sit the person who got into thousand and six didn't do nothing with it at that point is when I mean they got to see it a lot and they ended up with fuel that was old and somehow came to the injector cook inclusion . My thought is is I'm going to take it to drain all this fuel out all up and put new win with some injector cleaner also if I pull that top cap off the motor I believe I can see the injectors I was going to try to ohm them out. Now I don't have a lot of money and I'm not very experienced with cars I'm starting to accumulate a few tools so I can work on this and my goal is to get that thing running to where I could drive it every day in that I'd be happy and proud of myself but I don't want to restore it I would like it to be fast as it can of course it's cool to me even when I had that six-cylinder engine I just look at it like it has so much more room well I'm open to suggestions . I'm looking for somebody to help with my situation give me some knowledge there's lots of it it seems here I am definitely not savvy but I have a lot of common sense I catch on quickly am I on the right track . On my iPhone I type this all voice to text so please forgive that I'm not proofreading because I am too anxious to go out and check this car . One more thing I haven't have an OTB to scan tool what with it there is a Little module for GM vehicles that has two settings on it ones like ABS the other one is supposed to read me near codes according to the book well it blinks the code 12 three times and then it blinks it 100 more times it doesn't read any code. . I see were somebody can do that same thing with a paperclip. Also what book is best for me Chilton Haynes helm???? The cost shouldn't outweigh my skill level as I tried to paint a decent picture with things I talked about . Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time and has patience to guide this newbie!!