should I buy this big block camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:15 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: should I buy this big block camaro?

lol, first time doing this:

bump

I don't want this to slip through my fingers, some more input would be great. I have every reason to get it, any reason not to? This is about all I can afford. As soon as I get a reply, I'm going to go over with $1000 cash.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:19 PM
2nd Gear member

you need to check for rust holesand see if the suspention isstiff and dosent have a lot of body role, for the rust holes checkin between the door and rear finder right next to the door jamb. look to under the dash to see if somebody has done a hack job under there.

trust me you wont be disapointed on how the car drives and handles. shoot if it has good suspention itprobily could out handle your sixxer. not to mention the torquewill be a totally differnt than that sixxer. i say get it dont worry about the looks and just foucus on the motor and drivetrain, and paint it black like my car.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:26 PM
3rd Gear Member

On the camaro look at the rear frame rails a sign of bad things is rust in the trunk along where the framerails are spot welded on, check where the front of the leaf sping bolts in. If the spring pocket is rusted out its alot of work to fix it. These points need to be solid for a drag car unless you plan on tubbing it out. In the front check where the front subframe bolts on they have a tendancy to rust here also. The pontiac engine is a decent engine worth more for someone with a pontiac the pontiactrans are not really interchangable with a chevy. Ive seen guys use the chevy trans on the pontiac with the top bolts out. The cars weigh around 3600 pounds we weighed my buddies car which alot of unnessesay stuff like the bumber was removed it weighs 2700 lbs. Good luck with it stick to your price make sure the title is good, I exchange the money when I go to the title office... trust no one..

Old 05-29-2008, 09:28 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

well, I don't think it'll out handle my sixer, but it'll kill it everywhere else. I'll look for the rust. I know squat about these older camaro's. let alone pontiac engines. Thanks for pointing where to find rust. I'll probably pull the dash and make a racing dash out of stainless or aluminum. This thing would be pretty bare-bones. Just what it needs to race, but enough to drive it on the street. Dad gave the green light, and says he'll pay for it. But the damage to the front concerns him, as well as me. hopefully I can just throw another clip on it.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:10 PM
3rd Gear Member

Old 05-29-2008, 10:13 PM
3rd Gear Member

I tried to get a pic of my flat black camaro to post but I couldnt figure how to pull it from webshots....

Old 05-29-2008, 10:15 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

there

Old 05-29-2008, 10:17 PM
3rd Gear Member

Ha Ha I am so incompetent behind this thing...

Old 05-29-2008, 10:25 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Old 05-29-2008, 10:28 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Whoa! Too big!

Alright, now you have to tell me about your car. (engine, trans, rear end, times)

That's what I want to build!

Quick Reply: should I buy this big block camaro?