Holley Sniper conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2023, 07:18 AM
Default Holley Sniper conversion

I am switching to a Holley Sniper on my 1972 Camaro with a small block 400. I am also using the Holley replacement fuel tank with the pump in the tank. It appears they recommend using rubber hose from the tank to the engine. I'd really prefer to use hardlines for appearance and reliability. Does anyone have suggestions? Also, the recommended line size is 3/8" for the main feed line and 3/8" for the return line, standard is 1/4" on that one. I'm assuming I don't need the 5/16" vapor line with the Holley Sniper? The vapor line normally runs down the driver's side of the vehicle. Any suggestions?

Old 09-11-2023, 07:08 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Are you looking to buy pre made lines? I would just just get a tubing bender and make them.

I would use the recommend hose diameter. Your engine may not needed 3/8 at this time but the pump runs all the time and restricting the flow can raise the heat in the pump and cause a early failure.

Size of the tank will determine the vent line size. I would most likely just leave the 5/16. If you go smaller it can cause issues at the fuel pump when filling it up. Is your car equip with a Evap canister? Not sure but I think it was required in 70 for California Cars and 75 for the rest of US. I know a lot of cars had them before required. It is not too often I see anything but show cars with them still installed.

Old 11-02-2023, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Gorn
Are you looking to buy pre made lines? I would just just get a tubing bender and make them.

I would use the recommend hose diameter. Your engine may not needed 3/8 at this time but the pump runs all the time and restricting the flow can raise the heat in the pump and cause a early failure.

Size of the tank will determine the vent line size. I would most likely just leave the 5/16. If you go smaller it can cause issues at the fuel pump when filling it up. Is your car equip with a Evap canister? Not sure but I think it was required in 70 for California Cars and 75 for the rest of US. I know a lot of cars had them before required. It is not too often I see anything but show cars with them still installed.
New to this, I didn't even see the response. Yes, I'd like to hard line it and maybe just use rubber hose from the tank to the body where the hardline starts. I can either bend my own or rework a set of pre-bent lines. This card does have the EEC canister which won't be used now. I was still confused about the 3rd line being a vent line running up t the engine. I watched a couple YouTube videos and this seems pretty easy, I'm just over thinking it.