My 79 Set Up

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 11:31 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default My 79 Set Up

3.73 rear end with a 2" lift on the rear end. Poly Eurothane bushings, leaf sring isolators, and shock mount bushings. I got the coil over shocks in the rear on top of the leaf springs. In the front I lowered it 1.5" and I have SSBC twin piston aluminum calipers, Slotted and dimpled rotors, Eibach springs, edelbrock front adjustable shocks. Poly Eurothane control arm bushings, all new steering high ratio steering box, all poly eurothane tie rod caps and center links and such. All new stainless steel braided brake lines, master cylinder, brake booster. I got Red Line synthetic fluid in the rear axle 80w-90 gear lube. I also have Valvoline DOT 4 brake fluid. Currently I'm patching the body, trunk, and floor pan. I got a painless performance wiring harness, Jegs roll cage, and a brand new dash. I have a RARE 140 MPH speedo gauge.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:58 AM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: My Set Up

Is this on the 79 Camaro? Let me know how the alighnment goes and what the final specs are. I'm interested to see what your caster and camber ends up being.

Old 04-23-2006, 08:41 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: My Set Up

why did you lift the backend 2" when everything else you are doing is toward improving the handling? unless you drop th erearend back down, you are, IMO, totally wasting your money. you need to decide which route you want to go and stick with it