What did you do to your camaro today

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 08:04 PM
2nd Gear member

hey vall.
if you ever go to that place with the door handles if you could keep an eye out for a set of those door handles let me know. if there a killer deal and you get them with the intent to sell them to me for same price but if i dont get them get them with the same intent to use them. i just dono next time i will be in portland or where ever. just give me a heads up if you do ever go back to that place for anything

Old 01-17-2011, 11:27 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by brownstone101
hey vall.
if you ever go to that place with the door handles if you could keep an eye out for a set of those door handles let me know. if there a killer deal and you get them with the intent to sell them to me for same price but if i dont get them get them with the same intent to use them. i just dono next time i will be in portland or where ever. just give me a heads up if you do ever go back to that place for anything
??????? Let me see if I got this right. Buy a set with the intent to resell, but only if they are a killer deal and I want to sell them for what I paid, and use my money, but not know when you might get here to buy them, and sell them for what I paid. Did I get that right?

Old 01-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Overdrive Member

lol we got almost a foot when I was at work. When I stepped out at lunch it was like WTF. I can wait for that cold front to roll through. Give me the heads up Steve.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Banned
Location: Raised in Tilton NH now residing in Kings Mountain KY

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
??????? Let me see if I got this right. Buy a set with the intent to resell, but only if they are a killer deal and I want to sell them for what I paid, and use my money, but not know when you might get here to buy them, and sell them for what I paid. Did I get that right?
I think you got it right Vall but you left out the part where you should only buy them if you yourself might use them if he never shows up.
Sounds reasonable to me. Bwaaa! Ha! Ha!

Old 01-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Pablo63
I think you got it right Vall but you left out the part where you should only buy them if you yourself might use them if he never shows up.
Sounds reasonable to me. Bwaaa! Ha! Ha!
Yeah, I missed that part. Better figure out if I might want them on the Austin first. No....don't want them on the Austin, barely enough space between the doors for seats!

Old 01-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Today I thought I'd have a couple hours finishing up the interior on the Austin, but by the time I decided it was done enough it was 8 hrs later!
Had the seats back out to install the last of the trim between the posts, and on the rear sides. I had planned to not install a radio, but I found the old AM/FM casette from the '71 Camaro, (and speakers) so I figured why not?
Man that turned into a real chore! Only one place for the 5x7 rear speakers, and that was on the sides in back between the rear wheelwell and 1/4 window. Just enough room, but had to remove the vinyl again, cut the hole, reinstall the vinyl, then install the speakers. Front wasn't much better. Didn't want the 5" round speakers in my doors, since they're new panels, so I decided to mount them facing me on the inner firewall.
That required fabbing up mounting brackets to space them off the firewall, and then drilling and tapping the heavy firewall to install standoff screws. Then had to wire it all with power and speaker wires to underneath the driver's side seat.
I cut and bent a piece of sheet aluminum to fit under my seat so the radio would be somewhat hidden. (The gasser theme really doesn't work with a radio under the dash.) Once I got the sheetmetal built, I cut it out for the radio and installed the radio, then bolted the seat back in place. Adjusting channels or playing casettes will be by braille, as I can feel for it, but not look at it while driving. But it's the only place I have room for a radio, so it has to work.
Got everything connected and hooked up, tested it, and called it a day. It's coming back home tomorrow, as not much left to do, but bodywork, and that wont be done until this fall.
My wife drove down the street with a surprise this afternoon. Was hoping for lunch, but it was my new antique license plate! Oregon requires 2 plates for regular vehicles, but I guess the antique plates are different, as they just sent the one.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:33 AM
Overdrive Member

Your gonna slap a cage in that monster right? CAGE not bar.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Not doing either for now. I still need to find harnesses, and there's 3 swap meets coming up the next 3 weekends. Once I've found some good used harnesses I'll decide what I'm going to do. Might just go with a bar between the door posts to attach the shoulder part of the harnesses. This thing wont see lots of track time.
No cage for sure. I can barely get into it past the steering wheel now, so don't need another obstruction.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:53 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
there's 3 swap meets coming up the next 3 weekends.
Hey Vall,
I'm going to the swap meet on the 30th up in ridgefield but what are the other swap meets? I'm looking for a 850 carb and a cheap pair of BBC headers to use during tuning

Old 01-19-2011, 02:03 PM
2nd Gear member

Parked it between two Toyota Prius's

was like, ill just put this here.... lol

Name:  Photo0123.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  98.1 KB

Quick Reply: What did you do to your camaro today