Well this has nothing to do with cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 08:57 AM
Overdrive Member
Default Well this has nothing to do with cars

There was another oil spill, this time here in Michigan. There saying at least a million gallons have leaked into the Kalamazoo river. This is about and hour SE of me. The river goes straight into Lake Michigan. How come these things don't leak this bad on land? Sucks we drink that water. All the equipment to clean this up is in the Gulf.
http://www.wzzm13.com/video/brightco...d=309027658001

Old 07-29-2010, 10:13 AM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Thats a bunch of bs with all the oil spills, karma i guess? don't take more than what is needed at a time. The lord works in mysterious ways.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 80ZJoe
Thats a bunch of bs with all the oil spills, karma i guess? don't take more than what is needed at a time. The lord works in mysterious ways.
true that ^^

Old 07-29-2010, 03:41 PM
2nd Gear member

Not BP again is it?

Old 07-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

I heard about that one Damon. Sounds like it might have as much impact as the BP Gulf spill.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:34 PM
In the Staging Lanes

to me it seems odd how this could happen right after the other is stopped. its also odd how it took them 3 months to stop the gulf spill and how the gov wouldnt help at first and then even delayed bps attempts after they did decide to take over. before me know it not only will our country financially collapse but also environmentally. im no environmentalist like some of those crazy people are who think drilling for oil should be stopped because lets face it oil is vital to all Americans needs. i think it should just be done a little more carefully. i love hunting and fishing but this oil spill has wiped out so many animals. 1 million gallons of oil going into lake Michigan could wipe out a lot of fish that people need. the people who are responsible for the spills like BP should face more than fines they should truly be punished for not having a back up plan for things like this. my grandpa lives in Alaska and im sure you all know of the spill there in 1989 which until now was classified as the worst oil spill in American history. they believe up to 32 million gallons of crude oil was lost. that was 21 years ago and my grandpa said in the river he goes to you can still lift up rocks and find oil under them. the gulf spill is said to be equivalent to about 20 times the Alaska spill. god only knows how long this will affect us.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:17 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chase0990
to me it seems odd how this could happen right after the other is stopped. its also odd how it took them 3 months to stop the gulf spill and how the gov wouldnt help at first and then even delayed bps attempts after they did decide to take over. before me know it not only will our country financially collapse but also environmentally. im no environmentalist like some of those crazy people are who think drilling for oil should be stopped because lets face it oil is vital to all Americans needs. i think it should just be done a little more carefully. i love hunting and fishing but this oil spill has wiped out so many animals. 1 million gallons of oil going into lake Michigan could wipe out a lot of fish that people need. the people who are responsible for the spills like BP should face more than fines they should truly be punished for not having a back up plan for things like this. my grandpa lives in Alaska and im sure you all know of the spill there in 1989 which until now was classified as the worst oil spill in American history. they believe up to 32 million gallons of crude oil was lost. that was 21 years ago and my grandpa said in the river he goes to you can still lift up rocks and find oil under them. the gulf spill is said to be equivalent to about 20 times the Alaska spill. god only knows how long this will affect us.
+1..i agree

Old 07-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Overdrive Member

The EPA is running the show, from the news reports they are dragging their feet. Other reports say that they have stopped the oil just before the small inland lake. Charter boats are hugh here. I don't think its going to get to the lake in large amounts, but its not good anyway you slice it. The only thing I see that is good is that in a river you know right were the oil is headed.

I'm seriously considering converting my motor to run on alcohol. Brew it up on our familys land and burn it in the Camaro.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yeah i agree with it going into a river it could be easier to control before it makes it to bigger bodies of water i just hope they haven't dragged their feet on this one too.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:49 AM

Thats real bad and all, but you know they say nature has a way of cleaning herself up... look at the idiots in the gulf that are all stunned because "they dont know where it went" when REAL scientist know the bacteria in the ocean will eat it... plus the oil spill in alaska was refined (not crude)

Quick Reply: Well this has nothing to do with cars