We are coming into our own

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 11:15 AM
1st Gear Member

My girl is the same way. She loves the car, she just wants me to get a commuter also, which i do need to. She says we arent getting married until the camaro is finished...i told her i will probably be claiming social security by that time. She's afraid to drive it, she thinks its to big and it sounds scary.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:27 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Interesting, don't really think of a Camaro as being "big," but it is all perspective. To the lobsters in kitchen of the Titanic, it was a miracle!

Old 10-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Blue79RS
Interesting, don't really think of a Camaro as being "big," but it is all perspective. To the lobsters in kitchen of the Titanic, it was a miracle!
Well they're not an Impala, but mine really fills the garage with no room to walk around it! On the other hand my Austin has 3 ft. all around in the same garage!

Old 10-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Overdrive Member

I can spin mine around on casters. And then still walk around it, only when its not blown to pieces though.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:11 AM
Overdrive Member

I just pulled this off Nasty. It seams to back up my point. Hope its not B.S.
i know some are familier with auto metal direct or amd. they are located in my county about 15 min. from my shop. i went down today to p/u a small part. for those who have not heard of amd they produce repo sheet metal. they have been heavily involved in the mopar stuff and are the go to guys for all the mopar metal. they have a very large building with some nice low milage cars on display. i went in the side door today and was shocked at what i saw. they had just about every piece of metal for a late 2nd gen laying in the floor. they had taken apart a rust free car. i also noticed a 1970 only trunk pan sitting in the floor. i found out today they are going to repop just about every piece of metal for the 2nd gen f-bodies. i asked questions and in turn i was asked numerous questions. i gave some input on some panels that are badly needed. i can tell you they are going all out on the 2nd gen stuff and fixing to spend a lot of money reproducing 2nd gen parts. i was told that the late 2nd gen parts include, full qtrs, inner and outer wheel houses, tail panel and the inner tail panel, roof skin, fenders, doors, frame rails, full trunk pans, full floor pan, core support, rocker panels, inner rocker panels, toe kick patches, firewall, basically any metal panel needed. i also brought up some early 2nd gen parts and found out they are going to produce the 70 only trunk pan, i voiced my concern on some of the issues with poor fit of the panels now being produced and was told they are going to produce a lot of stuff that is on the market now, but make the panel fit better and use same gauge metal that gm used. ie: the 70 thru 73 upper and lower valance panels. they informed me that they are going to put as much into the 2nd gen items as they do the mopar panels. i spent about 2 hours talking to them and i really think they are going to produce some great parts. i have no time frame but they are coming, rep wanted me to talk to the owner and give him some input so maybe i can help get some badly needed parts reproduced. btw they are also doing a lot of t/a sheet metal.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Well, shes about 5'3" 105lbs and drives an 05 civic; if that gives you some perspective. That's awesome news about the panels though, now i will know where to go if i need them when it is my turn to build a car.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Overdrive Member

Mmm. I used have a 5'3" 105lb woman. At 6'4" and 247 I had to be careful if you know what I mean.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 77nomad
Mmm. I used have a 5'3" 105lb woman. At 6'4" and 247 I had to be careful if you know what I mean.
Damon need big Nordic girl, so no smash huh?

Old 10-13-2011, 04:17 PM
1st Gear Member

hahaha, yea, i know what you mean.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Overdrive Member

LOL I work with a 6'3" ex-volleyball player. She is a mountain for sure, I don't think I'm interested.

Quick Reply: We are coming into our own