trade 70 for 82 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 12:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Oh well then, if the wife is part of it, there's no sense us trying to talk sense to you.
Sounds like you're having to talk it over with her and work out a "compromise" (read, do what she wants).
and it way it's funny (read, do what she wants). . but it is for the family.but i'm still undesided

Old 07-08-2010, 02:08 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I have gotten so many offers for my Camaro at car shows it's not even funny!!! I would definitely have to say DON"T DO IT!! For either of the trades!! Your wife has to consider YOU!! These are things that make YOU happy!! My husband and I would find a way to get by for our family without sacraficing the things we love!...Life's too short!

I have had my Camaro for 8 years now,4 of them were stuck behind a barn because my mom and stepdad wouldn't let me work on fixing the blown motor. I never gave up! I eventually got my own place,and did a motor swap at a friends house. I'm still fairly young,and have a family now,but if I have to keep him for the rest of our lives...He will be perfect when i'm done with him! I'd never part with him!!! No matter what seemingly wonderful trade came my way!

Old 07-08-2010, 06:01 PM
2nd Gear member

Haha,i know all about how the wife thing goes.I hear it all the time about what is the point of buying a car that needs work,that you cant drive,that she cant drive lol,etc.
Believe me i hear it almost every day,hell maybe i should look into trading her off for a nice car haha.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Overdrive Member

Too bad Cali has those crap laws. We can put plates on race cars here. Down by Dearborn if someone in a late model wants to play street light derby you better be packin. The Detroit 3 and Roush especially take there skunk works stuff out and see how they act in traffic. Never know when someone has 100,000 R+D car out fo a test drive.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:56 PM
1st Gear Member

yep your right cali sucks on all this bs smog laws. thanks to arnold that stop the rolling 30"s. i hope they bring them back. i know some of you guys love your rides to death, and wont sale them.but like my wife says some times a car is just car, we could always buy another one, you have before. right now i'm working on 1 of my 2 all time favorite cars. that took all my savings. is my 69 datsun rotary wagon that i did my self. after i'm done with her, and i still have camaro then she next. i'm still young i have all my life ahead. to build other cars. i have one problem i love car's i have had close 22 cars i'm just 29. once i'm done with them i get bored and ending up selling them cheap and start with another project. thats how i got my camaro.

Last edited by Dj Aztek; 07-08-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Overdrive Member

Whats the rolling 30"s.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:49 PM
In the Staging Lanes

a wife shouldnt make a husband give up a car. if mine asked me to id tell her to pack her bags cause the car isnt going anywhere. rv's r nice to have but not a necesity if you need the money to survive thats a different story. as far as 3rd generation camaros ive never seen such ugly cars. idc how much hp it has its ugly and are a dime a dozen. ive had my 79 camaro only a year now that i bought from the original owner and theres no way id part with it for any car their such awsome looking cars and around where im from ive only mayb seen 2 others on the road so i like getting the looks but its all in personal preference i guess

Old 07-08-2010, 10:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 77nomad
Whats the rolling 30"s.
pre 75 and under smog law

Old 07-08-2010, 10:57 PM
1st Gear Member

my wife is not forsing me to sale or trade, but when i pitch the idea she was like it ill will be nice to get rid of a project and get a car thats is done for now. but like she said is my car my decision and my call.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:51 PM
3rd Gear Member

well Dj I would have to say hell no, don't do it lol. I wish i had a 70 but I wouldn't trade my 81 camaro that im working on for that 3rd gen. Oh well if it doesn't run right now. Mines not at the moment either and it sucks but i know when i get it running again(needs new starter and back wheels) it will be awesome again

and 3rd gens are ok but I wouldn't trade any 2nd gen for a 3rd gen no matter how nice it might be. On the other hand, if you got an offer to trade for a 1st gen, then that might be a different story lol

screw an RV when you will have power and a fun ride

Quick Reply: trade 70 for 82 camaro