Rear speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006 | 12:06 PM
|
Default Rear speakers

Does anyone know where I can find rear speakers that would fit a 1972 camaro. 6x9s are to big for the factory cutouts. Thanks.

Old 09-29-2006 | 01:27 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: Rear speakers

are you positive? 1970-1981 had 6x9 from the factory so you need to try again

Old 09-29-2006 | 02:54 PM
|

ok let me put it this way i bought some new 6x9s that dont fit in the original cut out cause the speakers are to big. i tried to put the speakers in the factory holes and it went half way down on the cut out so dont tell me i need to try again!!!!!!

Old 09-29-2006 | 06:53 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Mount them from the bottom up.

Old 09-29-2006 | 09:51 PM
Old 09-29-2006 | 11:00 PM
3rd Gear Member

LOL ... they don't fit because your not mounting them right. just because something has a hole doesn't mean your suppose to shove something in it LOL. you may have to drill 4 small holes to screw them to the underside of rear dash plate. can't remember what the mounting hardware looked like. sick

Old 10-03-2006 | 04:54 PM
|

thank yall for the info. as of now i do have them mounted under the rear dash, but the actual hole is to small. the set up now is the speaker cover then you can see the rear dash then under that is the speaker. all the mounting holes are correct, but it just looks like complete crap when you can see the rear dash covering part of the speaker. my brother had the same problem on his 72 nova but he just cut the holes bigger to avoid that problem. i just didnt wanna cut it up. if yall wanna see what im talking about i will put some pictures up next time i go home.

Old 10-03-2006 | 07:50 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 72camaro

ok let me put it this way i bought some new 6x9s that dont fit in the original cut out cause the speakers are to big. i tried to put the speakers in the factory holes and it went half way down on the cut out so dont tell me i need to try again!!!!!!
like 02 renegade said, they get mounted from the bottom up, not the top down. what brand speakers did you buy? a concours restoration would also have you install speaker boxes with your speakers, and those would still fit. I DO know what I'm taking about here so if you are going to ask for help, you shouldn't give a snappy response until you know you are doing it properly (which you weren't). just trying to help you out here bud

Old 10-04-2006 | 01:41 PM
|

sorry if i sounded snappy but the way you said it made it sound like i was a complete moron, i have read many forums on here where people do that and i aint taking that crap. but any way i wanted to mount them from the top to keep the rear dash from showing from between the speaker cover and the speaker itself but i didnt wanna cut up anything. another option would be to get some original speakers to place there, so if anyone has any, or knows where to get some that would be a big help too.

Old 10-05-2006 | 11:56 AM
3rd Gear Member

it's not that you were a moron or anything, it's just that I knew they were supposed to fit so I was stating some correct information for you because you didn't know that

anyway, try Year One. they have everything you need to do it correctly. I went to their website but they don't have that stuff online but I have it all here in their catalog, so just call them and they can hook you up

Quick Reply: Rear speakers